Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new keyboard and mouse and I would highly prefer wireless if at all possible. If there is going to be a noticeable delay then I will just have to to wired. I am also not looking to spend a bunch if possible. If I am going to spend $100+ on a keyboard I am going to say screw wireless and get a wired mechanical. Unless it is a wireless mechanical of course, which I have yet to see.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You might want to take a look at the FILCO Majestouch 2 Convertible. While it is a bit pricey, it sounds like it checks off all your boxes. It's one of the few wireless mechanical keyboards available (connects via Bluetooth), and can also connect via USB (has a detachable USB cable). It's essentially a standard FILCO Majestouch 2 (e.g. extremely well built, Costar stabilizers) with Bluetooth and a few other additional features.

Here's a link to one of the models on FILCO's website: https://www.diatec.co.jp/en/det.php?prod_c=1876

Anyway, I use one with Blue switches for work / web development, and it's been fantastic. I haven't noticed any sort of delay / had any issues with the wireless (you obviously need to avoid sources of Bluetooth interference though), but there's always the USB connection to fall back on just in case. As I said, they are a bit pricy, but you get what you pay for (FILCO keyboards are built like a brick ****house / will last you many, many years).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoehornHands View Post

You might want to take a look at the FILCO Majestouch 2 Convertible. While it is a bit pricey, it sounds like it checks off all your boxes. It's one of the few wireless mechanical keyboards available (connects via Bluetooth), and can also connect via USB (has a detachable USB cable). It's essentially a standard FILCO Majestouch 2 (e.g. extremely well built, Costar stabilizers) with Bluetooth and a few other additional features.

Here's a link to one of the models on FILCO's website: https://www.diatec.co.jp/en/det.php?prod_c=1876

Anyway, I use one with Blue switches for work / web development, and it's been fantastic. I haven't noticed any sort of delay / had any issues with the wireless (you obviously need to avoid sources of Bluetooth interference though), but there's always the USB connection to fall back on just in case. As I said, they are a bit pricy, but you get what you pay for (FILCO keyboards are built like a brick ****house / will last you many, many years).
I used to have one with blue switches. Not sure about the availability and price of the board in your place but it's pretty accessible in my country (widely available and cost ~ USD136.00 here).
From my experience, it's a Filco so you know it's very well built. Performance wise, I didn't experience any significant lag/delay or drops of signal at all via Bluetooth. I even play CS:GO with it (I'm not a competitive player anyway) but I'm not sure about what the hardcore gamers thinks about it. Outstanding battery life, 2 AA battery after 3 months and still going strong.
Sold it because I needed a TKL board with RGB LEDs and I hate blue switch, it is just me.

Perhaps you wanna take a look at Varmilo VB87M, wireless, optional LED backlit and most importantly, it comes with PBT keycaps.
thumb.gif

You can grab it off Taobao for about 130USD excluding shipping. Couldn't remember how much it cost on Massdrop. randomfrankp have a video review on YouTube, you might wanna check it out.

Hope it helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts