Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this back up. Tried it in closed beta, meh, but it's looking a lot better now.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

It's a DotA clone, made by the same guys that maintained All Stars, but it has game options that help you avoid the typical DotA jerk crowd.

Actually pretty fun. Noob friendly - recommending items, combos are spelled out very easily.

·
Registered
653 Posts
No creep denies that sucks
. And you have to buy new heroes for money or unlock them for ******ed ammount of points.

I just found HoN a lot deeper. Last hit/denie is so important.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uantyv View Post
No creep denies that sucks
. And you have to buy new heroes for money or unlock them for ******ed ammount of points.

I just found HoN a lot deeper. Last hit/denie is so important.
HoN also has way too many of the DotA jerks, so even if it was better, I wouldn't bother.

The attitude of the DotA community is what prevented me from getting involved in what seemed like a decent game - I'd always get stuck between 'noob' and 'good', so I'd get banlisted from noob games for being too good, and banlisted from normal games for being too noob.

Also, the heroes available in LoL rotate, you are able to try them all over time. And it's not that expensive in terms of in-game points to unlock those that you really take a liking to. (You can get by 100% fine without spending a dime, and it most definitely is retail quality)

·
Registered
172 Posts
yes i did play the closed beta but i found Heroes of newerth better, it's got better detail/charactors and that but a very good game

1 - 6 of 6 Posts