Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Nerd / Geek
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if there are any other monitors besides the Asus VW266H that have a component video input & support 1920x1200 or higher resolution. Because of my fiance's laptop crapping out we're in the process of building her a new computer and she said if we get a new monitor I could get what I want and she'll take my dell 22". I'm going to be using the monitor for gaming/internet/console gaming. I would prefer a built in webcam as well but it is certainly not a requirement, also built in USB hub would be excellent but again - not a deal breaker. Thanks for any ideas!

Current List: Asus 25.5 VK266H

·
Nerd / Geek
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've only found the Asus that has component video and is in my price range (nothing over $400 bucks and I'm trying to keep it under $350). Right now my list is down to 4 choices.

****320 @ newegg.com**ASUS Vk266H 25" monitor with webcam (Main choice as can be used for PS2 gaming as well!)
***369 @ Dell.com**Dell SP2309W 23" 2048/1152
**330 @ newegg.comSamsung 2433BW-1 24" Monitor
**269 @ newegg.comSamsung P2450H

Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm in the same boat. All of those look good.

The bad on them in my opinion is:

Asus higher dot pitch
Dell price and I heard the picture isn't the best
2433BW-1 not 1920 X 1200
P2450H 5ms response time

bahh

·
Nerd / Geek
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My current one is the SP2208WFP (with built in webcam) and I would like to upgrade. Its just hard because all the good PVA/IPS panels are way out of my budget (or else I would have a 26" NEC monitor or the 30" dell 3007).

Does anyone out there have opinions on the Dell 23"? I'm quite likely to narrow that list down to just the 23" Dell or the 25.5" Asus. They both have a built in webcam which I want, both are higher res than 1080p. It boils down to larger screen & slightly fewer pixels or smaller screen and higher res - but no component video (I have a PS2 that I sorta want to use with the monitor as well if I can find a sound input for the PS2). Thanks everyone for the responses so far - hopefully we hear a bit more. I'll be ordering a monitor sometime in mid April so I've still got a little bit of time. I'm just trying to finalize my shopping list so I've got the final budget to hand over to the boss (aka the future wife
)

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
I have that asus monitor in the op, and I love it. Has a blue hue out of the box, but after calibrating it, sure looks amazing.

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus20895
View Post

whats the difference between the Vk266H and the Vw266H

I believe just a webcam.

·
Nerd / Geek
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·