Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Objection to BT guide...

I ask this because some see BT as a bad thing ie used mainley for obtaining cracked software.

If there is no objection I would like to write up and submit an Idiots guide to BT.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I'm not really sure... cause I don't know if BT actually classifies as software piracy (though I'd bet it does...), you'll have to take it up with admin.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a touchy subject because of the rep P2P gets...

But I have used BT so many times to download trailers music videos game demos and other legal files.
But to much on the line then its cool Im sure I can rack my peanut brain for another guide that I can write.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well give admin a PM I guess. Yeah I've used it to download Demos and patches that I wasn't able to find else where or didn't want to pay expensive dedicated server fees and/or wait in line

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCnerd2357
like suprnova.org

(mods, please tell me if im not supposed to say that)
Dead site anyways...

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Well give admin a PM I guess. Yeah I've used it to download Demos and patches that I wasn't able to find else where or didn't want to pay expensive dedicated server fees and/or wait in line

Yeah, I use it all the time to get game patches and stuff... I hate file planet and alot of the patches I need are only avaliable there, or they're queved for every on a different website.

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK
Dead site anyways...

i loved that place and i was sad when it went

·
Registered
194 Posts
For those that are sad go to
Its in a diff language but isnt to hard to navagate. If the link doesnt work, triy it again in like 5 mins af ew times. its wierd. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

I nearly died when suprnova.org went down. friends and I had a memorial and funeral and the whole nine yards

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Realm_walker

For those that are sad go to LINKTAKEN OUT

Its in a diff language but isnt to hard to navagate. If the link doesnt work, triy it again in like 5 mins af ew times. its wierd. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

I nearly died when suprnova.org went down. friends and I had a memorial and funeral and the whole nine yards

Posting that link is the sort of thing that will put an end to any sorts of BT guide on here... PB is a torrent site that hosts illegal torrent.

Please remove the link.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

Posting that link is the sort of thing that will put an end to any sorts of BT guide on here... PB is a torrent site that hosts illegal torrent.

Please remove the link.

Oki, Sry bout that guys:S Didnt realise that that was out. I wont do it again.

Please dont kill his idea on the account of me Yiffy.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Talking about BT or any other P2P distribution network is fine as long as you are not discussing/implying you are using it to download/upload copyright material. Anything borderline in this area will be removed and the member warned.

So a guide would be fine as long as you address the legal ramifactions etc.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ok. Sorry about that infringment. I will keep that fact in mind from now on Admin

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by admin
Talking about BT or any other P2P distribution network is fine as long as you are not discussing/implying you are using it to download/upload copyright material. Anything borderline in this area will be removed and the member warned.

So a guide would be fine as long as you address the legal ramifactions etc.

Thx Admin...

A legal blurb will be written into the first part of the guide and only legal torrent sites will be linked.

Guide is on its way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts