Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
god loves ugly
4,259 Posts
What do you need help with? I've been using MX518's for years. If you need help with something, it's best to post it in the public so that others can use the information.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
I'm still torn between the Mx518 and DeathAdder, although I slightly prefer the latter.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
It's a Tarp...

Sounds fishy to me...

Just my 2 pennies...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a tarp? huh.. lol seriously? What's fishy...? If you have a valid in warranty mouse they will send you as many replacements as you need, its just my luck that mine is 5 months passed the 3 yr warranty they provide. If someone helps me out, ill send anyone on here that want the serials off my new one, within reason. The only other mouse i have is this ****ty old dell ball mouse lol.. i can't exactly play cod4 or counter strike source with this thing, haha.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabe_OC
View Post

It's a Tarp...

Sounds fishy to me...

Just my 2 pennies...

Not really, he just wants to use somebody else's warranty. A bit questionable, but that's the fact here.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Kinda wrong though, don't ya think? If you like the mouse so much, and it's past the warranty, buy a new one, or save up to buy a new one, but don't try to scam the company!

·
Registered
178 Posts
You've had it for over three years, and if you still like it, just go buy a new one. Three years is a good run for a sub $50 item.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Mule
View Post

I'm still torn between the Mx518 and DeathAdder, although I slightly prefer the latter.

G5 FTW! $45 shipped and its freaking awesome and pwns the MX518. Laser and adjustable weights. MX518 has no advantage over g5.
The g5 actually costs slightly less. $45 shipped vs $40 + ~$7 s/h for the mx518. GO LASER!

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

G5 FTW! $45 shipped and its freaking awesome and pwns the MX518. Laser and adjustable weights. MX518 has no advantage over g5.

I've been using my MX518 for...well this is the 5th year. Best mouse ever!

·
Banned
614 Posts
MX518, been using one for years. (Actually just replaced my old one, it was starting to spot out a little bit - cable connection I think)

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylon
View Post

I've been using my MX518 for...well this is the 5th year. Best mouse ever!

yeah and a g5 is pretty much just a better version. like a mx518 with a laser and adjustable weights. The mx518 is a great mouse, but with g5 costing pretty much the same there is no reason to buy it anymore.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

yeah and a g5 is pretty much just a better version. like a mx518 with a laser and adjustable weights. The mx518 is a great mouse, but with g5 costing pretty much the same there is no reason to buy it anymore.

Stop pooping on our MX518 thread. Go make a G5 thread.

I've used a G5 and I prefer the feel of the MX518. To each their own.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre
View Post

Stop pooping on our MX518 thread. Go make a G5 thread.

I've used a G5 and I prefer the feel of the MX518. To each their own.

Unless I'm missing something the only major difference in 'feel' would be the slightly different spacing of the DPI adjustment buttons. So how could it be much different to hold? I was seriously thinking of upgrading soon to a G5 just to better match my black and blue theme, so I'm curious.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demented
View Post

Unless I'm missing something the only major difference in 'feel' would be the slightly different spacing of the DPI adjustment buttons. So how could it be much different to hold? I was seriously thinking of upgrading soon to a G5 just to better match my black and blue theme, so I'm curious.

I don't know, I just liked how the MX518 felt better. /shrug

Maybe the one I used had the weights set wrong for me. I'll try again some time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So would anyone like to help me out?? I don't see it being 5 months past due as scamming the company.. It being a multimillion dollar company and all...

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by suzuki squid View Post
So would anyone like to help me out?? I don't see it being 5 months past due as scamming the company.. It being a multimillion dollar company and all...
Hmmmm.

I suspect /Lock, /Ban will arive shortly.

What you want to do is theft, pure and simple.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.