Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any P67 boards that have space for air-cooled SLI/Crossfire?

On X58 boards you can grab a 10cm crossfire bridge and use the 1st and 3rd PCI-E slots for multi-GPU if you want some extra breathing space between the cards, especially because top cards tend to run hot.

Do all of the P67 boards basically cramp two cards together? I looked at the Asus P67 Sabertooth and there's only two pci slots between the two GPU slots, which means they'd be pushed together.

The P67 Deluxe has 3 GPU slots but the 1st and 3rd are so far apart even an extended 10cm crossfire bridge can't connect them.

If you want good cooling between two GPUs in Xfire/SLI do you pretty much have to go x58, or is there a P67 out there that actually has sensible multi-GPU design?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the main problem, I have two 6970s and looking at the pictures of CF with stock P67 boards makes me cringe, there's like a few mm of space between the cards. Top card would probably sound like a tornado during gaming.

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,632 Posts
There are several P67 mobos that will give you one pci slot space between the GPUs.

Gigabyte P67 UD4/UD5
MSI P67A GD55/65
ASUS P8P67 Pro/Deluxe/Sabretooth

I believe Biostar & AsRock has a mobo or 2 with the same SLI/Xfire pci-e configuration like the others.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
I have the Gigabyte P67A-UD4 b3 board and it provides plenty of room between my 6870's.

·
Premium Member
25,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallite;13016932
Any P67 boards that have space for air-cooled SLI/Crossfire?

On X58 boards you can grab a 10cm crossfire bridge and use the 1st and 3rd PCI-E slots for multi-GPU if you want some extra breathing space between the cards, especially because top cards tend to run hot.

Do all of the P67 boards basically cramp two cards together? I looked at the Asus P67 Sabertooth and there's only two pci slots between the two GPU slots, which means they'd be pushed together.

The P67 Deluxe has 3 GPU slots but the 1st and 3rd are so far apart even an extended 10cm crossfire bridge can't connect them.

If you want good cooling between two GPUs in Xfire/SLI do you pretty much have to go x58, or is there a P67 out there that actually has sensible multi-GPU design?
2 slots between the pci-e slots is fine, the cards will be spaced enough for good airflow.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got the P67A-UD4 as well and my 6870's are literally touching each other with triple slot coolers installed (Zalman VF3000-A's)

Looking for a bigger board myself, Might upgrade to the UD7 since I still need to upgrade to a B3 revision board yet and just use the pciex16_1 and pciex8_2 slots.

Note: These coolers are awesome, Originally had load temps upwards of 93'C @ stock clocks while gaming on both cards. Now overclocked furmark can only get 60'C on the bottom card and around 70'C on the choked card on a stinking hot australian day.

Would love to knock that extra 10' of the top card as well
yessir.gif

Furmark 1.9.0 @ 1080P

Furmark 1.9.0 @ 720P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts