Overclock.net banner

Any suggestions on build before I buy?

1049 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Turtle Rig
Looking to finally upgrade from my 2600k

And wanted to see if there were any suggestions for changing my parts list before I buy. Currently my budget is sitting at $2000
I'd like to do a white theme build, nice change of pace from the years of black components.
( Prices from amazon )

CPU: AMD 3900X $500
GPU: Gigiabyte RTX 2070 Super ( white ) $550 ( connected to a 1440 60hz monitor )
MotherBoard: Asus Prime X570-Pro $235 ( maybe a bit overkill? but I like the color )
CPU Cooler: Noctua DH-15 $100 ( I've always used AIOs or custom loops, but want to give air a try )
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB $170 ( thinking of subbing for a slower/cheaper m2 ssd )
Ram: Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 16gig 3600 $133 ( Only white ram i could find, i'd prefer 32gigs, but also worried this may
interfere with cooler )
PSU: Corsair RMX White 750watt $130
Case: Not yet decided

Total comes out to just around $1800

I have some old HDD's and noctua fans from my current build that i'll move over to the new build.
Use will be a do-everything computer, from gaming, to light video editing, photoshop, 3d modeling and things like that.

If you have any suggestions or changes, please let me know what you think.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· waifu for lifu
13,729 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.