Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I built a mini-ITX home-theater PC gaming rig because I didn't feel like buying a PS4/XB1, and was curious if anyone had any tips for getting the most out of it. I've been using an Acer XB270HU (1440P G-Sync monitor) for my main rig for almost a year, and from my brief experience using my HTPC so far, I'm noticing a ton of screen tearing in some games. I would use V-Sync but I absolutely can't stand input lag, so that leaves me in a tricky spot. Particularly I want to know if there are there any tips to get a less-laggy experience with V-Sync, or perhaps less screen tearing without it. For my TV I'm using a Panasonic TC-P42G10, which from what I understand is one of the better TV's for gaming (due to good PQ and low input lag). Eventually the TV will be replaced but not for some time.

For anyone else in my shoes, do you just live with the input lag introduce from V-Sync or do you not mind the screen tearing? I honestly thought I wasn't going to notice it because I haven't noticed it much in the past, but from the few games I played it was really sticking out to me.

Thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts