Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i flashed some x800Xl bios to my x800pro and got a blank screen obviously indicating it was bad bios flash. But i already had another nvidia agp card as a backup. But no pci cards. I was wondering if there is any other way to bios flash my bios bak to x800pro without a pci card!!!!?????

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
you can try to flash it blind if you think it's booting but showing no video. Just give it enough time to boot to the floppy then blind type the commands to flash it back. If it's not booting you'r S.O.L.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Find someone who has an old pci card ..

it happened to me when I tried a crossfire bios

Get a pci card. End of story.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after i get a pci card do i just put it and the agp card in at the same time and then type the flash command "flashrom.exe -f -p 0 backup.rom"????

·
Registered
227 Posts
Pretty much, you just have to be sure to flash the agp card and not the pci one

Oh and .. you'll probably have to switch card priority in your bios. Put pci before agp.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ov3R-ClOck3D

i flashed some x800Xl bios to my x800pro and got a blank screen obviously indicating it was bad bios flash. But i already had another nvidia agp card as a backup. But no pci cards. I was wondering if there is any other way to bios flash my bios bak to x800pro without a pci card!!!!?????

You can do this with an autoexec.bat file. Check out the guide in my sig for more details.

By the way, don't flash an XL bios to your card unless it has an R430 core. Use XT if you have an R420/423

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeahh i tried ur method except i used the same pc, and tried flashing with the autoexec.bat file but nothing happend still. Would it matter if i used another pc

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
You can use the same pc. If nothing happened, is your floppy disk the first boot device in the bios. You should at least get disk access when you reboot and hear the bios being loaded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts