Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dell XPS M1330. Is there any way (perhaps some sort of custom skin) to make it so the Dell logos don't show and to cover up any sign of the Dell? I like it, but I'm trying to introduce this laptop to someone down my street that really hates dells.

·
Registered
214 Posts
so you wanna conceal it so that your friend says omg nice laptop and then you tell him look its a dell?

if its not that, im not sure why you would want too, some skins look nice but I don't like "stickers" on a laptop or any device for that matter, that's just me tho

·
Banned
744 Posts
Bondo and automotive paint. Or you could poke your friends eyes out. What are your really trying to accomplish? I mean if your friend wants to be thick headed can you really change that.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
lol what a "friend" you have.

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chilly
View Post

You can get skins for your laptop to "cover" up the logo, but why would you want to do that?

Because I'd be embarrassed of carrying around a Dell instead of my Asus myself!

·
Banned
744 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amd4200
View Post

Even if you did sand it out the start up screen would still show dell. Right?

It is just an image file. In 98 was bmp have not changed since then so not sure about newer Windows use. But yea it can be changed to any file you name correctly.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Some people will have one bad experience and then hate a company forever, even if they don't deserve it. Not much you can do in that case. I wouldn't cover up the Dell logo.

And in fact I have owned several Dell laptops and they have been quite solid. In my last Dell laptop, which I carried up the Appalachian Trail, the hard drive decided it was time to go. (Shocker! All that bouncing around...) Dell cross-shipped me a replacement.

A few years ago when I had another Dell laptop which developed a keyboard problem, they actually sent someone out next-day to replace the keyboard right at my house. For free.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Find a notebook with a similar screen size, buy the screen off ebay and swap it with yours.

Then you would have to do a BIOS mod (which is hard) to change the bios splash screen.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cccccc
View Post

Find a notebook with a similar screen size, buy the screen off ebay and swap it with yours.

Then you would have to do a BIOS mod (which is hard) to change the bios splash screen.

Why would he have to change the LCD panel itself?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts