Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a HTPC?
TV as in the regular cable TV mom watches.
Itd be used in place of a DVD recorder (we would rather use one of those, but we don't feel like buying a hard drive recorder.)

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by McStuff View Post
Get a TV tuner card and then use windows media center to record.
Is it pretty easy for a mom that's used to using VHS for such a purpose?
and you can schedule recordings, correct?

·
Banned
3,854 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ln2ftl View Post
Is it pretty easy for a mom that's used to using VHS for such a purpose?
and you can schedule recordings, correct?
It's more akin to Tivo or a DVR, but I'm sure you could explain it to her easily. There are a fair amount of options for scheduling recordings like season pass (new episodes only or all episode) and others.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by McStuff
View Post

It's more akin to Tivo or a DVR, but I'm sure you could explain it to her easily. There are a fair amount of options for scheduling recordings like season pass (new episodes only or all episode) and others.

Im sorta lost too myself. So am I using a software of some sort to record? would it be easy as hitting the record button on a typical dvd recorder?

·
Banned
3,854 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ln2ftl
View Post

Im sorta lost too myself. So am I using a software of some sort to record? would it be easy as hitting the record button on a typical dvd recorder?

You use Windows Media Center to play and record tv. If the OS you're using doesn't include this, most TV tuners are bundled with some software. WMC will probably be more polished, though. It's not as simple as just hitting the record button, but it's not overly complex. It should be fairly simple if you explain it to her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts