Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a pic of a 560mm rad at the top of the cosair 800d? Ive seen the 480mm rad before I want to see what the 560mm looks like and stuff

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Here is a thread with one...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by losttsol View Post
Here is a thread with one...
I thought so as well, but "churchy" mentions he is working on one (different build). In the pic it is a 480. See its box on the previous page

·
Registered
216 Posts
Isnt that post an 800d with a 480 not a 560?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55 View Post
It does fit, but it is very close, less than 10mm clearance on the power switch assembly.

Don't have a picture of this sorry.

Not sure where you got this info Charlie but as someone who owns a 700d..

The top of the 700d / 800d is 585mm and a 560 is 605mm so it won't fit. If you add the aluminum face plate that cover the 5.25 bays it it 610mm.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RatDog View Post
Not sure where you got this info Charlie but as someone who owns a 700d..

The top of the 700d / 800d is 585mm and a 560 is 605mm so it won't fit. If you add the aluminum face plate that cover the 5.25 bays it it 610mm.
Sorry, I was wrong. You have to do a slight mod to allow the tubing hook up to extend out past the end of the case. Essentially the tubing comes out the back, only to go into the "internal" radiator.

It's still preferable to mounting it externally.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Basically you would have to cut the back out of the case to fit it in the top. Might as well just externally mount it. You would have at least 3" or 8cm sticking out the back. Sort of a franken-mod.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
560mm?!!!!!!!!! I don't even think the case itself is even 560mm long!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill probably just stick to my original plan of 480mm rad on top and a 360mm rad at the bottom all in corsair 800D.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TuffPoo View Post
Ill probably just stick to my original plan of 480mm rad on top and a 360mm rad at the bottom all in corsair 800D.
A 560 rad gives you about the same performance as two 360s, so if you went that route you would only need a single radiator. But to each is own.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Quote:

You can't really fit a 360mm on the bottom unless you have a super short psu. Why do you even need a 360 and a 480? Thats a ton of cooling power.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robitussin View Post
360 + 480 isn't too much cooling : P
Yes, it is. Even with 1000 RPM fans on XSPC radiators you're going to have over 1000w of cooling power. This amount of power is only going to be found in something like tri-sli 480s + i7 or dual 5970s + i7. Hardly anyone has that hardware.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im going tri sli 480s and a i7 980x and also cooling my mobo I wanted something that could fit at the top and it to be all enclosed inside the corsair 800d I dont like externally mounting its ugly!! I was going to buy the case and some rad grills and see what i can fit in the case.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Im going tri sli 480s and a i7 980x and also cooling my mobo I wanted something that could fit at the top and it to be all enclosed inside the corsair 800d I dont like externally mounting its ugly!! I was going to buy the case and some rad grills and see what i can fit in the case.
Wow that's quite the build! What is the maximum RPM your fans will spin at? It will help us a lot for choosing your radiators.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts

i still want to see what a 560 rad looks like

1 - 18 of 18 Posts