Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm finding myself in the same spot many of you have - I need just a handful (dozen or so) countersunk rivets, 1/8 inch x 1/8 inch grip (max), and all I'm finding are places to buy several hundred for $20 or more. So, did any of you bite the bullet and buy a bunch of 'em? If so, want to sell some to me and make a few bucks back?

I don't care what color, I'm going to paint them anyway. If you have some to sell, let me know and let's work out a deal.

Jack

p.s.: yes, I do, in fact, need countersunk, regular dome-head rivets won't work, as the sides of the case will slide over these countersunk rivets and domes would just be in the way. Thanks!

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Try McMaster-Carr here. Click on the flush on both sides rivet heading.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post

Try McMaster-Carr here. Click on the flush on both sides rivet heading.
Hi Jeannie,

Thanks, but that's what I'm trying to avoid - buying 250 rivets when I'll only ever use 12 or so.
smile.gif

It's not so much the price as it is the waste. With all my computer stuff, I've got enough clutter!
biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Jack

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A longish story follows, but the short version is: if you need 1/8 inch blind countersunk aluminum rivets (pop rivets), I can sell you only the quantity you need. The long, weird version, along with pricing, follows!

In a strange turn of events, I can now offer to sell 1/8 inch blind countersunk aluminum rivets (pop rivets) to those in need. I went to McMaster-Carr to check out their selection, as many suggested; somehow I ended up having to enter my credit card information just to be able to see how much shipping might be, but even then the site wouldn't tell me unless I clicked "confirm order", which I did NOT do. Instead, I e-mailed McMaster-Carr and they replied in a matter of minutes. I decided that the shipping was too much for just a box of rivets, so I backed out of the site and started searching eBay. This was around noon yesterday.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I checked my mail this morning and saw my bank notice that said "Your payment to McMaster-Carr has cleared"! The next e-mail I got at 6 a.m. today was the invoice, saying they were prepping to ship. Great. I decided to have breakfast, then call and tell them to stop the shipment, refund the money, and that I wasn't pleased. Well, at 8:30 a.m. someone knocks on my door and runs away, literally. I opened the door to see UPS driving off and a box on the porch. I was expecting a package from Corsair, so didn't think much of it. I just opened the box at 11 a.m., and here are 250 rivets! So, I'm SO conflicted…I don't know whether to be irritated at the faulty web site or stunned by how fast the order arrived. I'm both angry and elated at the same time! However, the rivets are exactly what I needed and the deed is done, so I've decided to let my weird fortune benefit others.
smile.gif

These are standard aluminum, but my preliminary paint tests on similar rivets so far have been quite good. I have even been able to do a good simulation of red, blue, and yellow anodized aluminum rivets, with nothing more than inexpensive paints. I'll be posting photos and a write up of that soon, I hope.

Cost and shipping

I figure that in order to cover shipping supplies (envelopes and what have you), I need to sell them at 15 cents each ($0.15) so that I don't lose money; shipping would be extra. I can ship standard first class or priority, your choice. Of course, priority costs more, and chances are the delivery times would be the same anyway.

If anyone needs them, I've now got them to spare - Just let me know.

Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts