Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an external enclosure for my hdd and dvd burner as i bought a laptop. Now i was dissapoointed at how big a chunky the thing is..not gonna be fun travellin with that. Then i got thinkin i only really need the parts inside not the box.. i was thinkin that all the parts would fit in a little box and have the ide cable and power stick out of it. what ya think? anyone done somethin like this to give me pointers? ive never really moded anything before accept make a pc arcade joystick.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
ho big is it??? do you know the name of the product so i can get an idea...
you can buy some pretty small PSUs nowadays that have very small wattage and i can tech you how to make it run without a motherboard atached...
then all you need to do is bolt it all together and its gonna be as small as it gets...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont think you quite understand...i want remove the heavy enclosue and just keep pcb and power

see at the moment the dvd/hdd slides into the case..instead im thinkin ill just have it sit on table and have all the hardware in a little box with the ide and power sticking out.

plus i wanna get rid of that crappy rotating flashing light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts