Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are using Nlite in my tech class, and I am VERY impressed w/ it. It allows you to modify the Windows XP .ISO file. You can edit it to use do a unattended install (You insert all the information you want it to put in for you, including the CD Key) slipstream updates, insert drivers to instantly install. You can also make it to where command prompts start instantly..just a plethora of things. No idea if its legal, but I am going to go w/ it not being legal. If its allowed I think I will start up a guide.

VLite is the same as Nlite but for Vista.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Never heard of it not being legal. It's come in real handy for RAID installs of XP.

I suppose if the XP image you are working with is pirated, that might raise some red flags.

But other then that, as long as you have a copy of XP yourself I don't see a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Yes, but they're both old as dirt and pretty much frozen in terms of progression - the developer/creator has been missing in action since before Windows 7 was released.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are using legal MSDN ISO's and keys. Remember this is a class in School, so Legal Windows copys come for free
I have my own MSDN account anyways
So does my mother.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i believe you are violating the author of vlite and nlites license by using it in school setting but he has disappeared from development so not sure he would care now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i checked, this is copy and paste directly from vlite website "can we use the tool in the corporate or commercial environment (no, just for personal usage)" http://www.vlite.net/contact.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts