Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They said multiple times they are working on the optimization. Yet I still see my GPU at 54% Load at most! Anyone else having this issue? The FPS is better then Arma 2 Could ever be, but I still never go any higher then 56FPS on high. When I put the Settings on low, I get around 40. CPU is clocked at 4.5 Stable. The Power should be enough to run the game at least at 60 FPS constant.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Titan is running it on all ultra settings at 1440p ... even with the view distance cranked.

Actually I'll be honest i didn't look at my FPS thus far- but its been buttery smooth and very much *looks* like 60+ fps.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still a shame how they said they improved the Engine to use most of the hardware. Yet It can't go above 40%. Yes the Engine is in Alpha, but it's still their new engine and it should be some what optimized.

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
i remember back in the day when alpha testing means there is a real possibility that you'd have to reinstall your operation system after you are done testing (or during the testing
biggrin.gif
) you guys are too spoiled
biggrin.gif
alpha testing used to mean that you are lucky if the game/operation system didn't crash after 1 hr of playing
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclum View Post

i remember back in the day when alpha testing means there is a real possibility that you'd have to reinstall your operation system after you are done testing (or during the testing
biggrin.gif
) you guys are too spoiled
biggrin.gif
alpha testing used to mean that you are lucky if the game/operation system didn't crash after 1 hr of playing
biggrin.gif
Ow you
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
56 Posts
The only thing BIS has done wrong is allowing every man and his dog to experience the alpha and then we end up with OP comments.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolagnaise View Post

The only thing BIS has done wrong is allowing every man and his dog to experience the alpha and then we end up with OP comments.
I was expecting a Alpha that could at least use 50-70% of your hardware. I thought it was only me, turns out it's not. So please excuse me for Asking.

What BI did was right, they find the problem and fix it. So that the Beta will be ready and then to the release of Arma 3.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I remember alphas testing meant load batch files then bring down console to laod maps, or even game elements, that was very hard, because it was alpha and no real instructions.

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedson3614 View Post

I remember alphas testing meant load batch files then bring down console to laod maps, or even game elements, that was very hard, because it was alpha and no real instructions.
you forgot the fact that you are lucky if the game is stable for more then a few hours at a time and sometimes the game crashed so badly you had to reinstall the operating system to clean it up
biggrin.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts