Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This WU is super slow on my i7 at 4Ghz. It has a TPF of 1hr 40mins and says it is going to take 6 days to complete. I am not doing anything else while folding, so the WU has all of the CPU available to it. The WU is not going to finish before the deadline which is the 6th and it will only give me 9k pts. It is running as slow, even slower than, a -bigadv, but not giving -bigadv lvl pts.

Anyone else have this WU and getting a similar TPF?

·
Registered
297 Posts
You should be at around a 40 min TPF from my understanding. 1hr 40 mins seems way off, are you sure it's using 100% CPU and all 8 hyperthreaded cores?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
At 4.0 you should be seeing TPF's around 45min give or take. If it's over that you have something else really destroying your PPD.

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, the next % pt just completed. The TPF is now 1:20:25. It is going down, but obviously still not right. I am going to wait a few more % pts before I restart since the TPF is starting to go down.

·
Premium Member
5,940 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muels7 View Post
Ok, the next % pt just completed. The TPF is now 1:20:25. It is going down, but obviously still not right. I am going to wait a few more % pts before I restart since the TPF is starting to go down.
Mine on a 2685 was 1.20 and now it dropped to 40min after a few %

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
GPU3 is a process hog. I adjusted my X6 to -smp 5 to facilitate the change. I guess I have a 2-3K loss but it's easily made up by the Fermi cards.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy View Post
GPU3 is a process hog. I adjusted my X6 to -smp 5 to facilitate the change. I guess I have a 2-3K loss but it's easily made up by the Fermi cards.
Are you running at 4.0? I too was thinking about doing this and adding my 8800 back in with my already running 460. Figured with the 8800 offline I could run the 460 with minimal impact at smp 6 rather than smp 5 with both cards.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
With GPU2 you don't need to make any adjustments, with GPU3 you do. For the PPD gain of my 460's cutting my spm to -5 was well worth it. Your mileage may vary though. And yes I'm at 4.0 with a NB of 2.6 if that helps any.

·
Registered
859 Posts
One thing that will make time frames that log is running 2 clients at the same time. Look in the task manager and make sure there is not 2 instances of fahCore_a3... running.

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I keep getting these WUs and I consistantly cannot make the deadlines on them. What happens when you don't make the deadline, do you not get the points?

·
Premium Member
46,119 Posts
If you miss the Preferred Deadline, but make the Final, you get base points (8955pts). But if you miss too many deadlines, and your completion rate falls below 80%, you will no longer qualify for bonuses, even if the WU is completed withing the Pref Deadline.

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I cannot figure out why my cpu goes so slow with these WUs. I am at 4Ghz so it should not take me 5+ days to complete the WU. Even with my GPUs not folding the TPF for me with the WU is still over an hour. According to HFM, I am only getting 2500ppd with these WUs

·
Premium Member
46,119 Posts
Folding 24/7?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muels7 View Post
Ok, I keep getting these WUs and I consistantly cannot make the deadlines on them. What happens when you don't make the deadline, do you not get the points?
Don't know if you've tried this or not, but it works for some people. Run bigadv on -smp 7 and dedicate one thread to GPU3 and see if that helps with your TPF. It does for some and not for others so it's not a for sure fix.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts