Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several companies sell barebone sets, to which you add a cpu, memory, and drives. Has anyone ever done this, and saved money?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yeah I 've seen these but they cost like 700$ for the kit, its just cheaper to buy a new one and get the benifits that the company offers, although from personal experiance buying a "broken" laptop form some one who might not have the know-how to fix it or off ebay is the cheapest way I've seen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am not sure what the other posts have run across but I saved a lot of cash and major brand BS building my own... If you are not computer savy to a rather large extent I would certainly say play it safe and buy a prebuilt. If you know what you doing though... save your self the cash and build something your own...

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TildenThorne

I am not sure what the other posts have run across but I saved a lot of cash and major brand BS building my own... If you are not computer savy to a rather large extent I would certainly say play it safe and buy a prebuilt. If you know what you doing though... save your self the cash and build something your own...

Could you elaborate a little? Where'd you get what?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.