Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i'm selling my old car on Craiglist and a couple people wanted to buy it. One person wanted to do money order/Western Union/Cashier check. I also check the scam/fraud help tools on the site and it recommends not to have any association with those type of payment.

Is this true? I mean Money Order is already paid for, why afraid of getting scam?

Anymore help is appriciated.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey122687

Ok, so i'm selling my old car on Craiglist and a couple people wanted to buy it. One person wanted to do money order/Western Union/Cashier check. I also check the scam/fraud help tools on the site and it recommends not to have any association with those type of payment.

Is this true? I mean Money Order is already paid for, why afraid of getting scam?

Anymore help is appriciated.

I have bought a few things off of craigs list, never had a problem, except I always do transactions in paypal whenever possible.

If I was selling my car on there, I would take a MO whenever possible. Make them send the money 1st! and then cash the check or deposit it, and give them the car (scam proof). If they don't want a MO, say "I have 3 others who want the car, and I am only going to accept MO" That will probably get them to budge, if not, move on.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, I wonder why people woun't recommend MO?

Anyway, this lady email me saying that she agree to buy my car (Corolla 93) for $1500 with CASH!!!!

I'm gonna see if i can seal the deal, then i could use that money to get me a 06 Accord Coupe

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
I've bought off of it a couple of times too. It's a good place, but everysingle day I see more jerks selling stuff overpriced or trying to scam....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts