Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has this set-up, please help me to set the right perimeters so that I don't do something stupid and fry my computer. Most likely my computer will just not start up and then I'll just restart and fix the BIOS. I really want to know how to properly set the memory timing, the cpu FSB, and correct voltage while maintaining stability. I have tried everything and have only been able to get up to 2.54GHz processor speed with a voltage of 1.4-1.45 and a FSB of 230x11. I know I can do better, I'm just not experienced enough with the knowledge of knowing how to do this the safe way. If anyone can help I would be appreciate this alot. Thanks for the people that are able to help me out!!

·
Old school
14,377 Posts
First of all, nice system! Have you set the HT to x4? That will allow you to go up to 250 FSB. You also need to set a divider on your memory, or else it will clock up from stock and won't boot unless you give the memory more voltage.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you set the divider on the memory divider or do I even need to do this? Why do I need to change the HT to x4? I haven't been introduced to this method yet.

·
Old school
14,377 Posts
Hmm so you reached a 154mhz overclock on x5 HT multiplier... nice. The option must be somewhere in your BIOS, should be called something like NB or SB bridge link speed. Or it says 1000 and you have to set it to 800 (100 = x5 and 800 = x4). And x4 allows up to 250 FSB, if u want to go higher set it to x3 etc.<br />
<br />
Edit: and your memory is set to 200mhz now, you have to set it to 166 or 133mhz to continue overclocking. Check DRAM settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts