Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Graphics Junkie
2,814 Posts
Borrow? Just get one on ebay, they're cheap.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,814 Posts
For skylake x? 100 dollars for a one time use thing?
Bro when are you gonna figure out that I know what I'm talking about and stop questioning me? Do you enjoy being wrong or what?

·
LN2 user
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a good one, not one of those cheap 3D printed ones, but it was loaned out and I don't think I ever got it back.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Bro when are you gonna figure out that I know what I'm talking about and stop questioning me? Do you enjoy being wrong or what?

When you gonna figure out I do too. I've seen a rock it cool kit chip the pcb on a cpu.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I had a good one, not one of those cheap 3D printed ones, but it was loaned out and I don't think I ever got it back.
Stop going off topic. Anywho bump to help him out.
Edit you linked a delid tool for a x5675 which is freaking bloomsfeild man.. skylake x has 2 pcbs and they are super fragile too.....

My bad gunslinger I thought he posted that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have one you can have if you pay shipping.

• Rep+
Reactions: gtz and o1dschoo1

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,953 Posts
I have one you can have if you pay shipping.
If the op does not take you up on your offer I will. I will even pay it forward. Jedi mind tricks needs to use it too.

Edit:

Just noticed you were the person the purchased my old Seasonic Platinum PSU, hopefully you are enjoying it.

• Rep+
Reactions: Jedi Mind Trick

·
Old to Overclock.net
1,953 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
I could also use one to borrow, if anyone is willing :)

If not, I'll roll the dice with the vice. I've got a tester i5-7640x I could run through first.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts

If not, I'll roll the dice with the vice. I've got a tester i5-7640x I could run through first.
GET IN LINE! GTZ was saving my spot /s
On a different note (in case Nikado turns the rest of us down/it gets lost in the mail), PPCs has a Kaby Lake X delid tool, which should work for your i5; I wanted to try it out (~$20 to rent ~40 to buy), but I don't want to risk my Sky-X on it.

@Nikado7 I too would like to use it, really don't care where I end up in line (I'm fine being last). You coulda made a (very) small fortune loaning it out!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If the op does not take you up on your offer I will. I will even pay it forward. Jedi mind tricks needs to use it too.

Edit:

Just noticed you were the person the purchased my old Seasonic Platinum PSU, hopefully you are enjoying it.

dont vice skylake x. kabylake x should be able to its a flat pcb. the skylake x chip has dual pcbs

·
Graphics Junkie
2,814 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: rhkcommander959

·
Registered
256 Posts
So Gunslinger, then gtz, then rhk, then jedi lol. I don't own any x299 stuff anymore so whoever has it owns it...so just keep passing it on to the next guy.

One very important thing if anyone doesnt know, X299 chips have about ehhhh, I'm gonna say 4x as much OEM glue on it as consumer intel stuff (8700k type stuff..) It is ridiculous. One very simple way I've found of scraping it off without any chance of damage is using chopsticks or the like.. put it on an angle and drag it on sandpaper to give it a really sharp angled edge and it will scrap it all right off and seems softer than the silicone so it can't touch it at all. I've done probably 10 this way and never had a problem. The rockit kit actually comes with one which is how I learned of it. But....X299 stuff has a lot of little transistors and crap so you do gotta be careful. 8700k type stuff doesnt have that and is a breeze.

GET IN LINE! GTZ was saving my spot /s
On a different note (in case Nikado turns the rest of us down/it gets lost in the mail), PPCs has a Kaby Lake X delid tool, which should work for your i5; I wanted to try it out (~$20 to rent ~40 to buy), but I don't want to risk my Sky-X on it.

@Nikado7 I too would like to use it, really don't care where I end up in line (I'm fine being last). You coulda made a (very) small fortune loaning it out!
And if you're doing it on that 7800X, its already delidded and liquid metal'd just a few months ago so should be good for years lol.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
So Gunslinger, then gtz, then rhk, then jedi lol. I don't own any x299 stuff anymore so whoever has it owns it...so just keep passing it on to the next guy.

One very important thing if anyone doesnt know, X299 chips have about ehhhh, I'm gonna say 4x as much OEM glue on it as consumer intel stuff (8700k type stuff..) It is ridiculous. One very simple way I've found of scraping it off without any chance of damage is using chopsticks or the like.. put it on an angle and drag it on sandpaper to give it a really sharp angled edge and it will scrap it all right off and seems softer than the silicone so it can't touch it at all. I've done probably 10 this way and never had a problem. The rockit kit actually comes with one which is how I learned of it. But....X299 stuff has a lot of little transistors and crap so you do gotta be careful. 8700k type stuff doesnt have that and is a breeze.

And if you're doing it on that 7800X, its already delidded and liquid metal'd just a few months ago so should be good for years lol.
Got a 7940X; that 7800X is a champ so far (on a D14)!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Got a 7940X; that 7800X is a champ so far (on a D14)!
Its nuts to think someone who mighta built a somewhat budget 7640x x299 build could simply upgrade to a 10980xe. Or a 7940x 14 core beast lol. So damn versatile.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

THIS and mega is over here telling people to use some cheap ebay crap

1 - 20 of 23 Posts