Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
Is WoW SLI or Crossfire aware yet? I'm not sure it is you know...
Warcraft is very CPU heavy still, but 3.7GHz should be enough to keep up... I'm not sure where your slowdowns are coming from, but try putting some more anti-aliasing on?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I run all settings on Ultra except for Shadows which are set at Good with a resolution of 1920x1200 and my FPS is usually steady at about 40-50 in major cities.

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
Sometimes it's server based, other times it's network lag, and other times it's because it has to load a whole pile of models and textures in short order.

A great way to speed up WoW play is to put the install on an SSD.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WoW is not coded for multi card setups..

If I enable crossfire on my pc everything looks blurred at medium distance, with crossfire disabled, I run 60 fps in Org on ultra everything, max af, 1920x1080..

·
Registered
524 Posts
I run >60fps everywhere with everything turned all the way up at 19x12 and -dx11 added to the command string. Before the addition, I would sometimes dip into the 50s in Org if it was SUPER busy.

I did get a minor performance boost mirroring my drive though.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xserpint;11994336
I run >60fps everywhere with everything turned all the way up at 19x12 and -dx11 added to the command string. Before the addition, I would sometimes dip into the 50s in Org if it was SUPER busy.

I did get a minor performance boost mirroring my drive though.
How do I add the DX11!!!!! I have been searching this. I can't figure out where to add the -d3d11 or -dx11. I can;t just add it to the end of the filename can I?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabras;11994283
WoW is not coded for multi card setups..

If I enable crossfire on my pc everything looks blurred at medium distance, with crossfire disabled, I run 60 fps in Org on ultra everything, max af, 1920x1080..
i get 100% usage out of my 3 5770's according to afterburner. before cata they didn't go over 60% usage. i also play with ultra settings at 1920x1080 and never dip below 30fps in cities, the rest of the time its between 70-120fps.

·
Registered
386 Posts
With my sigrig, I run at 60 fps steady, Ultra, except shadows. I used to have some problems with dips, back before i OC'ed to 4 GHz, and it seemed it was due to Speedstep. I can't remember where I read it, but disabling speedstep helped me, at least.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xserpint;11994393
Just right click -> properties on the shortcut then add outside the quotes -d3d11
what quotes? in my shortcut the only thing i can change is where it says Wow as the file name

·
Registered
524 Posts
There at the top of the shortcut properties, you should have something like

Path: "c:\program files (x86)\world of warcraft\wow.exe" or something like this.

Just add it outside the quotes at the end.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Either add the dx11 tag, and/or change "shadows" to low / off and you'll see an increase in fps.

I get a constant 60fps with vsync on no matter what I'm doing. I believe I'm running Ultra with just shadows turned down / low.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Follow the steps here to get DX11 in WoW:
Quote:
Expand a shortcut to the WoW.exe with "-d3d11". Alternatively, open the "Config.W T F" in "\World of Warcraft\W T F" and add the line SET gxApi "d3d11" (with quotes)
DX11 in WoW is mainly for performance enhancements (I gained a good 30 fps or so on my GTX 480 before I stuck Vsync on), although there are a few graphical enhancements too, including full world reflectivity on water.

I haven't run it without Vysnc for a while (keeps my GPU usage low, therefore thermals and acoustics stay low), but I'd usually get over 100fps if I remember correctly, except for busy cities. I get a constant 60fps now though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts