Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mouse reviewer
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

yesterday I went to the local store to have a look at the current prices and products. One mousepad caught my eye: Speedlink REPUTE

It looked and felt like a hard pad at first, but then I realised it was a soft mat. The surface had a really nice glide and structure. The only trouble was that its size is too small for me (only around 300mm width). Does anyone know this pad and maybe a bigger pad with similar surface but bigger size?

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
I like Xtrac pads. If they aren't big enough for you, than nothing is.
smile.gif
I have a Ripper XL, which is 11"x17" (legal paper size). The Ripper 3XL is 36"w x 18"h x 1/8" (914mm x 457mm) and covers most of your desk. And the surface is awesome. My XL is a couple of years old, and aside from fraying at the edges it has withstood daily use and is still smooth as butter.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
68 Posts
Corepad's "Deskpad" looks great, too. I can't decide between Ripper and Deskpad myself.

Their smallest Deskpad: 700 x 500 x 3.0 mm / 27.60 x 19.70 x 0.1.

Their largest: 1200 x 600 x 3.0 mm / 47.20 x 23.60 x 0.1.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncope View Post

Corepad's "Deskpad" looks great, too. I can't decide between Ripper and Deskpad myself.

Their smallest Deskpad: 700 x 500 x 3.0 mm / 27.60 x 19.70 x 0.1.

Their largest: 1200 x 600 x 3.0 mm / 47.20 x 23.60 x 0.1.
Crikey that's a big mouse pad. Didn't know there was one bigger than the Ripper 3XL, LOL. At that point, it's more like a tablecloth.
biggrin.gif

·
Mouse reviewer
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, while I like the infos on big mousepads: I already know these.

I was asking specifically for one with the surface of the REPUTE. My ideal size for a pad would be like the Qck+ (450mmx400mm) or the Puretrak Talent (483mmx357mm). That's what I consider big enough.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Maybe a Zowie TF speed? Only other mousepad that describes itself as being heat treated that I can think of is the Roccat Hiro that isn't really much bigger. Ya might be able to find something Artisan makes that's similar.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phos View Post

Maybe a Zowie TF speed? Only other mousepad that describes itself as being heat treated that I can think of is the Roccat Hiro that isn't really much bigger. Ya might be able to find something Artisan makes that's similar.
Completely different story, Repute has NOTHING to do with Hiro at all.

Hiro is a silicone/cloth pad that gets injected and then vulcanized together.

Repute is a natural rubber/cloth pad with laser cutted edges and heat transfer pinting.

There are 2 sizes for Repute, you are already refering to the bigger version (320x270) ?.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow View Post

I like Xtrac pads. If they aren't big enough for you, than nothing is.
smile.gif
I have a Ripper XL, which is 11"x17" (legal paper size). The Ripper 3XL is 36"w x 18"h x 1/8" (914mm x 457mm) and covers most of your desk. And the surface is awesome. My XL is a couple of years old, and aside from fraying at the edges it has withstood daily use and is still smooth as butter.
thumb.gif
That Ripper XXL is NICE, I might just have to get one....

http://www.amazon.com/XTracPads-Ripper-XXL-Desktop-Gaming/dp/B000HTDBWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377573199&sr=8-1&keywords=xtrac

·
Mouse reviewer
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skar View Post

Repute is a natural rubber/cloth pad with laser cutted edges and heat transfer pinting.

There are 2 sizes for Repute, you are already refering to the bigger version (320x270) ?.
Yes, that's the one I saw in the shop. Made me wonder if that's the kind of surface some of the Artisan pads have.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

Yes, that's the one I saw in the shop. Made me wonder if that's the kind of surface some of the Artisan pads have.
Not the artisan pads i know off. Thats a super low cost surface, not special at all.

·
Mouse reviewer
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skar View Post

I have it right in front of me and i dont think it feels special.
Hm, in the shop it felt more grainy and a lot harder than other soft mats. Like it had smoother glide. Do you know any other mousepads like it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts