Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find an old nintendo NES system so I can play my super mario world game..I sold mine a long time ago and I wish I hadn't now haha..does anyone know where I could find a good one? I checked with a couple EB stores, but they only have gamecubes or higher :/

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
your best bet would probably be ebay or if there are any game stores around by you. usually I've seen them in video game stores that are not chain stores. just small ones that people own in their town. Sorry I can't be of more help

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
gamestop, duh they have dreamcasts there too lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, there is a pirate version of Super Mario World for Famicom (Japanese NES), though it's unlikely you have that.

I thought GameSpot stopped selling pre-PlayStation stuff. However, there are a few chains that do still carry NESs. The only ones I can think of are GameCrazy (owned by Hollywood Video) and Microplay (really awesome, have tons of stuff, even Virtual Boy and TG16).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Amazon

At least you don't get ripped off with extortionate postage (like on ebay, because ebay doesnt charge the seller for postage
)

Quote:

I'm trying to find an old nintendo NES system so I can play my super mario world game..

Oh, if you can legitimately make (not download) a rom image from the game you actually own *not warez don't kill me moderators*

You could play it on a PC. Or if you have a PS2/PS1 capable of playing copies, I think there was a NES emulator for playstation.

Other wise buy a NES, or wait till the revolution comes out (I hear Nintendo are making old NES/SNES games available on it somehow)

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
It is completely legal to have a rom of a game you already own.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nope its not. It's legal to rip a rom from a game you own, but you can't download a copy someone else has ripped from their game. Best analogy I heard was that it's still illegal to download music, even if you own the CD the music is from.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerand

It is completely legal to have a rom of a game you already own.

Corned Beef is correct, it is techncally not legal to download ROM even if you own an original cartridge. Look at this this way: the guy offering it for download is breaking the law by posting that copyrighted software on the web. I think we would all agree on that. So without considering any other legal issues, downloading a ROM at minimum makes you an accessory to that crime.

But enough about the legality. Whether you believe me or not, or agree with the law or not, Overclock.net's policy is to not permit discussion about downloading ROMs.

·
Registered
327 Posts
indeed all of you have given good advice, but I do have a posible solution 2 aculy. 1 go ask around for a broken nes that blinks on and off when you turn it on. then get the 72-pin connector thats needed to fix it from somebody like ebay. or if its only mario bros you miss get a super nintendo for around 20$ and buy super mario all stars its got almost evry mario game made for nes on it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've heard that the 3rd-party connectors put a vice grip on cartridges, so be warned.

Super Mario All-Stars does not have anything close to the NES Mario library. I mean, no Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, or Dr. Mario, and none of the "Mario is Missing" series. But you do get Super Marios 1, 2, and 3, along with the Lost Levels (Japanese SMB2, different from American/European release).

·
Registered
276 Posts
There are a few places where I know to get one.

1.) Gamestop - store
2.) Game Crazy - store
3.) ebay.com
4.) half.com
5.) amazon.com

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CartCollector

I've heard that the 3rd-party connectors put a vice grip on cartridges, so be warned.

Yeah, they do. Mine is a pain to get the cartridge out of the system >_<

And I got my NES off of eBay. As well as the replacement connector.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts