Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Network Architect
2,706 Posts
Could you be specific as to which part you do not understand?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im installing a laptop screen to my hp laptop. The laptop screen's input is on the right side while the connector wire from the laptop itself is from the left side. Th e wire is unstretchable so I had to get an extension wire which I did. I put the laptop screen together and it's not working. I will put up footage of the laptop screen and how it is assembled.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Did you not order the correct one? If you had to get an extender there's something wrong.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So with laptop screens, there are two connectors you have to worry about, the video connector (the big one) and the backlight power connector (the small 2-pin one). The big one should be in the back of the screen, dead middle and they should be in the same spot on the two scrrens (no extender required), the inverter cable (2-pin backlight one) could be in a different location. Anyways, they should meet up into one simple plug that goes through the hinge and into the laptop body. To replace a monitor simply remove the bezel, unplug both cables (30-pin and 2-pin) and replace with new panel!

If you're having problems, ie no video, you ordered the wrong screen. Laptops usually arent picky about the type of screen or backlighting, it's the resolution that matters, make sure that they match!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts