Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bad buck controller for PEX rail. I can't seem to identify the actual part as the printed part number seems useless. It's on a MSI 980TI that has zero volts on the PEX choke/inducstor. I have an identical circuit on my Gigabyte 980TI Windforce so it seems like a common component. Any ideas???

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have a bad buck controller for PEX rail. I can't seem to identify the actual part as the printed part number seems useless. It's on a MSI 980TI that has zero volts on the PEX choke/inducstor. I have an identical circuit on my Gigabyte 980TI Windforce so it seems like a common component. Any ideas???

Thanks!
When you said very corroded, in the other thread, i did not thought you meant, eaten until the pads disappearing.

Anyway, it could be a Richtek RT8071A, see the datasheet attached below.
It seems to match up your chip marking, if i look for these on Aliepress.
Input device Office equipment Rectangle Automotive tire Font

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazing. This looks spot on. Correct size, input voltage, pin outs.
When you said very corroded, in the other thread, i did not thought you meant, eaten until the pads disappearing.

Anyway, it could be a Richtek RT8071A, see the datasheet attached below.
It seems to match up your chip marking, if i look for these on Aliepress.
View attachment 2525103
This looks right. Thank you so much! The specs line up and ground is in the right place. The trade runs to the capacitors that were measuring open. Saved me some serious hunting. How did you figure this out?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Amazing. This looks spot on. Correct size, input voltage, pin outs.

This looks right. Thank you so much! The specs line up and ground is in the right place. The trade runs to the capacitors that were measuring open. Saved me some serious hunting. How did you figure this out?
You are welcome.

Recognized, by chance, the product marking corresponding to Richtek, i was working on volt-moding one of these.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts