Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first bought my xbox 360 I liked it well enough, but I've gotten bored of the few games I have and a lot of games that are available on xbox are either boring or also available on PC, which is my preferred system of playing. Anyone else regret buying their 360 or does someone have some insight into how I could get interested in the 360 again? Is GoW or Halo 3 that good? I've never played them
. I only have blue dragon and bioshock for the 360 at the moment as xbox games are so expensive

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I don't regret the purchase of mine at all. ( 360) Ive played a couple games on it, and it has served me well. I use it in the living room to share photo's across my network to the tv until I can wrap up the media center pc.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
I don't regret mine at all. I play on console now and not PC just because Xbox Live is amazing and the Marketplace is fantastic. I'm also highly into case modding so it's much more fun for me than PC. Everyone will have their likes and dislikes but I've never been happier with my Jasper.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I used to have a crap computer, so console's were my only means of gaming
About six months ago, i went on a computer learning spree and built my own one. After i upgraded, i felt the computer versions looked nicer and handled better, and i haven't played the xbox since.
So yeah, i regret not getting into computers earlier

·
Premium Member
4,781 Posts
If you have friends to play 360 with then its fun. I got my 360 just to play with friends and for the exclusives.
I recommend getting
Cod4 - Fun online
Halo 3 - Fun online and campaign
GoW 1 and 2 - Awesome campaign
Sports games like Madden and NHL if you are into them
Grid is an awesome racing game
GTA IV is fun

·
Banned
614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedma11229 View Post
Buying a 360 without halo 3 or GoW is like showing a fat kid a cake with no chocolate icing.
Well, unless you're used to PC FPS'rs. You know, tight controls, moddable, different graphics, VOIP that doesn't require you to listen to screaming 12 year olds... if you ignore all that, yes, you can not have a 360 without Halo 3 or GoW.

(Yes, I have Halo 3/GoW/GoW2, not terribly impressed)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by noahmateen1234 View Post
If you have friends to play 360 with then its fun. I got my 360 just to play with friends and for the exclusives.
I recommend getting
Cod4 - Fun online
Halo 3 - Fun online and campaign
GoW 1 and 2 - Awesome campaign
Sports games like Madden and NHL if you are into them
Grid is an awesome racing game
GTA IV is fun
COD4 I play on the PC as I got it for free with my video card, I dislike sports games and racing games, though I've always loved GTA, but if I do recall correctly thats available or will be available on steam. I dunno, I'd prefer to play on my PC if possible as I'm more of a PC gamer, however I'm stuck with the xbox anyway so perhaps I'll buy Halo 3 or GoW2 to see what the fuss is all about.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre View Post
Well, unless you're used to PC FPS'rs. You know, tight controls, moddable, different graphics, VOIP that doesn't require you to listen to screaming 12 year olds... if you ignore all that, yes, you can not have a 360 without Halo 3 or GoW.

(Yes, I have Halo 3/GoW/GoW2, not terribly impressed)
This.

·
Registered
442 Posts
My PS3 and 360 collect way too much dust. I don't feel like paying for xbox live, and 60 dollars a pop for mostly mediocre games is way too much for me. I love my PC and it allows me to do so many things and hop into a game at the same time.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrashsoul View Post
My PS3 and 360 collect way too much dust. I don't feel like paying for xbox live, and 60 dollars a pop for mostly mediocre games is way too much for me. I love my PC and it allows me to do so many things and hop into a game at the same time.
This pretty much sums up my feelings right there.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrashsoul View Post
I use my 360 to play more relaxing games, or from bed, or something. Like Saint's Row 2, GTA 4, or stuff not available on PC.

Also, my girlfriend likes to play some of the games, and we do some co-op too. Like Rumble Massage.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre View Post
I use my 360 to play more relaxing games, or from bed, or something. Like Saint's Row 2, GTA 4, or stuff not available on PC.

Also, my girlfriend likes to play some of the games, and we do some co-op too. Like Rumble Massage.
True, I do find playing the 360 more relaxing than my PC, however less entertaining and keeps my attention for less time. Then again I have few games so that could probably be the reason.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts