Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these rads on aquatuning when I was browsing. Haven't even see anything about them.

http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p12878_Alphacool-NexXxoS-Monsta-480.html

of course we all remember the feser Monsta and Magicools remake of it, but these look the be brand new. It says ship date of 5/28, is the the official release of them, or are they already out elsewhere?

Also, can anyone find any reviews for em besides the the ones listed(feel like it's biased, idk)

Seriously considering picking up a 480, 120 and 240 mm version of em!

something about 80mm just looks so sexy.

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano5656 View Post

of course we all remember the feser Monsta and Magicools remake of it
Actually you have that backwards, Magicool is Alphacool's OEM on all of their rads, they made the original Monsta (their own), Feser's Monsta (in fact all of their rads), and from the look of it, this new one, too.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Your actually right.

I was aware that a lot of radiators out there are actually Alphacool designs, I guess I worded that pretty badly
tongue.gif

Is there somewhere else I can get these besides aquatuning or are they pretty much the only ones to carry alphacool products?

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
That I'm not sure, I don't check every retailer daily though I would at least expect PPCs, Sidewinder, or FCPU to have them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
any idea on the fpi? i dont see any info on aquatuning and their official site regarding the fpi. would it be a good rad for ap15?

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Looks like it uses parallel fins (which is good) and appears to be higher fpi than an XSPC RX radiator. High static pressure and higher rpm fans paired with this radiator would likely make one beastly setup...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought two Monsta 480s and a XT45 120 to go in my new build. It is about 10 fins per inch and at over three inches thick, very little light passes through to the other end. Since these are for my first build, I really, really appreciate the screw guards.

But even at $140 each, it seems like all the money went into the radiator and nothing went into aesthetic quality control; the stickers are oddly angled and there is dirt trapped in with the paint.

These things are truly massive and should hopefully be installing them this weekend. If anybody else in the USA has one or more, please chime in.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamaru View Post

any idea on the fpi? i dont see any info on aquatuning and their official site regarding the fpi. would it be a good rad for ap15?
8 Fpi , fans 600-1500 rpm. Looks great I will be ordering a triple ,101mm thick to cool my TEC`s.
bike.gif

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Since I just ordered the 240 version for my pre-ordered Bitfenix Prodigy - Could anyone recommend a 120 fan for this monster of a radiator ?

I have reserved a couple of GT´s, but if there are better fans for such a radiator as this, I would appreciate and welcome any advice
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Received my Magicool triple 140 on Friday, it is 10 fpi and I will be using 120mm CM R4 red fans with 120 to 140 fan shrouds. They will help uncouple the centre hub of fan and will gain a small amount of static pressure. 450450450450 Nice dent in the rear of rad , shipper is trying to lay blame on everyone but themselves. Fact is when you ship a 2 foot long box inside a 3 foot long box and not pack it so that there is no chance of movement it will obviously shift from one end to other. Sent a few e-mails with no solution from them, now they just ignore me, just lost a good customer BTW their 1st letter in company name is F second word last letter is U.

·
Registered
876 Posts
sorry to hear about the denting. frozencpu has been great with me. but its a case-by-case basis.

is the monsta all copper inside like the UT60?

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
Man, this is making me want to get a 240 Monstra instead of the EX240 :/ I just can't justify the cost as I am using an EX420 as well.

However, if I were to get one, the only fans I would use are the suoer-high-static-pressure Koolance ones. They should pull every last bit of performance from this monster.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomi View Post

Since I just ordered the 240 version for my pre-ordered Bitfenix Prodigy - Could anyone recommend a 120 fan for this monster of a radiator ?
I have reserved a couple of GT´s, but if there are better fans for such a radiator as this, I would appreciate and welcome any advice
smile.gif
The Corsair SP120 performance has higher airflow and higher pressure than the AP-15 at the cost of a little more noise. The SP120 performance will both push and pull air backward through an AP-15 when sealed together front-to-front and back-to-back.

The AP-15 still holds the crown for CFM/noise though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts