Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/review...overclock.html

I thought well maybe they were taking off the room ambient temp form the results... but even then the numbers seem a bit off.....

well really not just the H100 numbers being off... all of them seem exceptionally low.

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
My 2500k at 4.8/1.4v only hits 60*C with ambients of up to 28*C on an H50, I don't see what the problem is with this review. I think if they ran it for a while it would increase more until the water temps stabilized.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
I had to post some questions on their site...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion49
View Post

My 2500k at 4.8/1.4v only hits 60*C with ambients of up to 28*C on an H50, I don't see what the problem is with this review. I think if they ran it for a while it would increase more until the water temps stabilized.

Temperatures are not linear when adding voltage to a processor. My custom loop struggles to keep load temps near 70c when pushing 5.1ghz at 1.48v and also 22c ambient, and that's with a much better block and 480mm of rad space.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
And it could be that the C14 hit higher temps.
(I got one so i know this baby)
You only have to mount it without the fans

// Yeah thumbs up for tinytom!

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Found another couple flaws in their results. They're claiming 102 bus with a 52 multiplier, that comes out to 5304mhz, not 5.2ghz.

Quote:

With our fan speed on maximum for all of the coolers we see that the Corsair and Antec models knock 10+ degrees Celsius off the reading provided by our high quality air cooler.

Since when does 68-60 = 10?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onions
View Post

thats about right its a sb chip guys.....

Ummm yes I know... and I have tested on two 2600ks and a 2500k with a H100 and got no where near those numbers at 4.8GHz let alone 4.9 or 5.0GHz. At 5.0 I was hitting 95c max on the cores which was too damned high.

HOWEVER I will say this... when I first started changing CPUs around and all that my temps went up the first few times because I found that Arctic Silver 5 was no where near as good as the stock TIM, I eventually used some Noctua TIM and it brought the temps closer to what it was. I then switched from the stock corsair fans to a push pull config with Coolermaster R4 fans. Temps went down from stock, but were still to high (this is where the 95c came in). I finally settled on 4.8GHz with my fans set to a lower level and get 80-82c max under load, if I set the fans higher I can get down to 77-79c all with my house between 68-70F

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...l#post14970283

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybutcher
View Post

Wait, the CPU only gained 3c going to 1.5v and 5.2ghz? 55c load on an H100? 68c load on a Noctua??

I call BS on all accounts.

I think this is BS as well because I have a supreme HF with chilled water and when I overclock my CPU I can tell a difference in max temps comparing stock to heavily overclocked immediately, and it's a bit more than 3c.

If I can see that much of a difference with chilled water I doubt some H100 using radiators to cool the water down to room temperature will only see a 3c difference.

And with that being said I can move onto this quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cook
View Post

Maybe if they dipped the rad in a cooler full of cold water.

I have chilled water and you still see quite large differences from stock voltage and clocks compared to an overclocked chip as I mentioned earlier.

Now this is a complete shot in the dark as I don't have too much recollection of my temperatures when I tested this a few months ago but here are some ranges I believe to be somewhat accurate.

Stock clocks/voltage with my chiller (temps): Idle: 12c Load: 40c
Overclocked chip with my chiller (temps): Idle: 16c Load: 55c

Water is set to around 50f

There is no way in HELL they are getting 55C with a H100 under load at that high of a clock/voltage unless the room is 40-50f.

Unless they got a lapped sandy bridge because mine isn't too flat; but even then it would be quite hard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts