Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
PC Gamer
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this would go better in the photography forum, but here goes. I was planning to get back into photography this holiday season and was creating some accounts that I needed to help me along the way. I'm facing a weird issue with my flickr account that I hope you guys may be able to shed some light on. I created a yahoo account with my gmail address and tried to sign into flickr, only to be told

''Before we get started...

If you live in India you may be accessing photos and videos that are contrary to the Terms of Service for Yahoo! India.

To avoid this you can create a new Yahoo ID with India as your home country

Or if you like, you may continue to Flickr with your current Yahoo ID and country setting.''

First, I chose the ''continue to Flickr'' option but it didn't allow me to sign in.

Then, I chose the first option and created a yahoo email address and everything but I still get the same message when I log in to Flickr with that one. So what can I do? The Yahoo help has been useless and I can't sign into flicker to use their help forums. There is no option to change country anywhere, and I don't think making more accounts is going to help. So any possible workarounds? Flickr is not specially restricted in India by law, so any problem is likely to be on their end. And yes, I do live in India
biggrin.gif

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,456 Posts
imgur for fast

abload.de for better quality (up to a certain size, then scales down)

mega.nz for full size

flickr is over-complicated
yahoo is cancer

gmail is better

• Rep+
Reactions: ThrashZone

·
PC Gamer
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but flickr is like the youtube of serious photography, you're either on that, or on nowhere. It has a lot of options to show the details about a photo and the equipment used, and it kinda acts like a backup as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts