Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that this obtains its power from the motherboard power connectior. I just wanted to know if it supports the new style ATX (EPS) 24-pin connector?

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

I understand that this obtains its power from the motherboard power connectior. I just wanted to know if it supports the new style ATX (EPS) 24-pin connector?

Check it out dude.

Please do not rep me if I was helpfull.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Check it out dude.

Anti-rep protesting I see... lol

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Anti-rep protesting I see... lol

For some reason this reminds me of a song...

ANTI REP!! Yap that fool!
ANTI REP!! Kidnap that fool!

...or was it Ante-Up?

God i'm in a funny mood.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

WTH???? LOL Trying a little reverse psychology huh?

Hmm, I guess that pic show that a 24 pin psu will work with the Booster?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

Hmm, I guess that pic show that a 24 pin psu will work with the Booster?

I was thinking otherwise...I can't see exactly, but that pass-thru thingy looks like a 20pin male-20pin female in which case i can't use it
boo hoo

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Why do you need it? Your mobo vdimm goes to 3.2 right?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Why do you need it? Your mobo vdimm goes to 3.2 right?

Yeah....i was just interested in the 'more stable voltage' side of it, and also i believe ti goes up to 3.9v which may - or may not allow me to get this ram on a 1:1 with a 285-290fsb (i could be dreaming tho)

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Yeah....i was just interested in the 'more stable voltage' side of it, and also i believe ti goes up to 3.9v which may - or may not allow me to get this ram on a 1:1 with a 285-290fsb (i could be dreaming tho)

That would be some pretty sweet bandwidth scores at that speed though. I say give it a shot
If the psu will work that is.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

That would be some pretty sweet bandwidth scores at that speed though. I say give it a shot
If the psu will work that is.

Yeah thats what i was hoping
I'm getting a little bit worried about my Tagan being up to the job now (which is bad as i'm half way thru sleeving it). Its got 28amps on 12v rail, but im not sure if i need to go for one of the big 550w jobbies with around 35A or more.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
I would give it a shot first, and keep a close eye on that 12V rail. Of course I recommend a 550watt 35 amper or so, but you have a pretty nice oc there as it is. A spiking psu can fry your mobo, so I would just keep an eye open for major fluxuations.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

I would give it a shot first, and keep a close eye on that 12V rail. Of course I recommend a 550watt 35 amper or so, but you have a pretty nice oc there as it is. A spiking psu can fry your mobo, so I would just keep an eye open for major fluxuations.

Yeah i'll see how it goes...i can still probably take off the sleeving and return it to the shop - pay an extra £40 and get a 500w one. I really like the look of the OCZ PowerStream 520w with adjustable rails.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

I really like the look of the OCZ PowerStream 520w with adjustable rails.

Yeah, those are some very nice psu's. Probably going to be my next purchase, either that or the PC Power and Cooling. $200 is a little pricey for a psu though.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

3.9vDimm? Holy crap... now I really feel inferior, my crappy motherboard can only go to 2.8v at the MAX... lol
But anywho, woudn't 3.9v like fry your ram?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I suggest reading some reviews on it before you buy it. I just read a few, and the booster has major compatibility issues, and doesn't get to 3.9 volts on very many boards at all. Just FYI

1 - 17 of 17 Posts