Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· SNERP!!!
5,784 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDeville

Seems like a heck of a deal to me. Pricegrabber shows it for $170. Google for reviews--the one I saw was very positive.

Not a good solution for those who want tweak-unique, but a simple way to get components that work together.

Hope this helps--stay cool.

You can build a much better system for $170.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop

too much money for what your getting.. you can build a real nice 1/2 in tubing setup for that, and throw a GPU block in there too.

For some reason they just don't want to listen...

· SNERP!!!
5,784 Posts
They aren't worth their money. If you took a nice custom and a Bigwater I'd bet that you get more cooling per dollar with custom. I could put together a kit for $150 with ok parts and get better results with it as compared to either the thermaltake systems.

· SNERP!!!
5,784 Posts
At no point did I say that I was going to meet those requirements, but I will stick to them as close as possible and give you a system that will out perform a Bigwater. I did not add a Video block in to the $150 because the Bigwater doesn't come with one.

RAD: 1986 Chevy Chevette Heater Core $18 from auto parts store.

Fan shroud: $2 Tupperware

From jab-tech.com:
Fan: Yate-Loon (under volted if you must have silence) $5.95

Tubing: Master Kleer 10ft $4.90

Fillport: Danger Den Fillport $11.95

CPU: Swiftech Apogee $40 with coupon code.

Comes to $71.03 shipped

Pump: Hydor L35 45.99 + shipping (I'm figuring $8)

Water: $1

Water add: $3

T fitting: $2

=$151.02

Sure a MAZE4 is going to cost you $45 more, but considering the fact that the average price tag on the normal Bigwater SE is $129.99 + 29.99 (the average price on the VGA block), I think that if I was given the time to wait for sales as you had, the price would be lower and I'd bet that I could add a waterblock to that for the same price. As an example, I got my Eheim 1250 pump for $32 shipped from ebay. So I think that making a decent custom setup for about $150 is possible.

If that pump wouldn't work for you, take a look at the swiftech MCP350. Transonic had a FAQ on how to increase the flow of it. It is more expensive then the BW pump, but guess what? It doesn’t fail and it works ALOT better.

• Rep+
Reactions: DrDeville
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.