Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I never had a problem bleeding with mine v1.2, it's just a bit harder then your standard cylinder res and pump setup, but do-able.. granted it'll take a extra hour a year out of my life to drain / replace liquid / fill and bleed again, but the looks alone are worth it..

The trick for me is use the bleed pipe, remove the baffle entirely on the left res, and the "U' connector on top instead of bottom.

But to answer your question regarding the 2.0, theoretically, it should be simpler to bleed as the inlet / outlet ports are on the bottom and there is plenty of room inside the res for the air to travel upwards.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank anderson View Post

I never had a problem bleeding with mine v1.2, it's just a bit harder then your standard cylinder res and pump setup, but do-able.. granted it'll take a extra hour a year out of my life to drain / replace liquid / fill and bleed again, but the looks alone are worth it..
The trick for me is use the bleed pipe, remove the baffle entirely on the left res, and the "U' connector on top instead of bottom.
But to answer your question regarding the 2.0, theoretically, it should be simpler to bleed as the inlet / outlet ports are on the bottom and there is plenty of room inside the res for the air to travel upwards.
Thanks for your reply.
My rev1.0 is a real headache. Ended up with one pump mounted seperately even then had to prime it before it would flow from the res. Put me off so much I dont even want to try with it anymore, if I have buy parts for it.
Yeh I agree the ver2.0 with both inlet/outlets well below water level sure looks better.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just got one of these reservoirs and i seem to be having a problem with it. I filled the reservoir until it was almost full and made sure that water had flowed into the pump before i gave it power. It started to pump the water out of the reservoir and i turned off the PSU when the water was about half way gone. I filled it back up, turned the PSU back on, and now the water will not leave the reservoir.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlink64 View Post

I just got one of these reservoirs and i seem to be having a problem with it. I filled the reservoir until it was almost full and made sure that water had flowed into the pump before i gave it power. It started to pump the water out of the reservoir and i turned off the PSU when the water was about half way gone. I filled it back up, turned the PSU back on, and now the water will not leave the reservoir.
There is probably a huge air pocket somewhere in your loop, try shaking your case a little bit to get that air moving..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlink64 View Post

Yes, Had issues with the 450x2 and 452x2 when they were first released.
It would seem the pumps feed back into themselves causing a loss of pressure. The output was flowing less than half of what a single D5 flows.

·
Registered
53 Posts
bit late to the party I know...............

Just grabbed the 2.0 version of this res and I am having issues. The reservoirs are combined at present and when I fill the res (I have tilted till all air bubbles are removed) and turn on the pump the res doesn't go down. Water sounds like its trying to make its way out but there is no movement.

I did remove the pump to check and there was only water in the hole right at the bottom near the pumps center

Any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.