Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing TF2 this morning, and my ping is out of control spiking. I'll have normal ping (70-100) then all the sudden it will go up to 800, then drop back down, then jump back up. The longer I play, the more frequent the spikes, till eventually, my game freezes, in that, I can't move (but can look around) and just sit there, can't do anything. I'm on a wireless USB adapter right now. My internet used to consist of a wired connection running to some room, and a wireless bridge that connected my wired connection to thier wireless router. Bizarre but worked until the bridge died.

It seems like the usb device is getting overloaded or something, anything I can do to fix that? Or am I truly out of luck till it's fixed (The owner says he'll get to it "eventually"
and I have no power to fix it myself)

·
Banned
7,990 Posts
I've never had good experiences with wireless usb.

One thing you might try is disabling the "Wireless Zero Configuration" service in windows

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try that, but quitting everything else that was using internet seemed to work alright. One thing for sure: Wireless Usb + gaming = fail

·
Banned
7,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

I'll try that, but quitting everything else that was using internet seemed to work alright. One thing for sure: Wireless Usb + gaming = fail

It work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts