Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get this build below or a couple dollars above $1550. Anything i can change that will improve my performance and expierience. I will change anything aslong as i get the same or more performance for $1550

The Motherboard comes with Corsair 8gb RAM for free.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EQzo

·
Bite my shiny metal GPU!
4,037 Posts
I'm not so sure about the SSD that you picked. It's the first model with TLC NAND (i.e. three bits per cell memory) and hasn't been out long enough to know if its endurance will pan out. I think you'd be better off getting one of the more-established MLC (two bits ber cell) budget models, like the Kingston SSDNow V300 or Crucial M4.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr357 View Post

From a 7970 down to a 670? Why?
670 has better price/performance than a 7970. That is all. If he wants to spend $400 on a 7970 then he can.. It is just a way to save a little money. It isnt like he is running multiple monitors or above 1080p resolution.

$400 GPU to game on a $100 dollar AOC monitor.. Sorry, but to me that is backwards thinking.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the AOC monitor doesnt have HDMI, if i get VGA to HDMI adapter will the picture quality be worse than a normal monitor with HDMI? Also what 670 would you suggest?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts