Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my first proper mechanical keyboard in a corsair k65 rgb, i love everything about it except for one thing...im constantly activating spacebar with the smallest of presses. Aside from changing the red to something else (dont even know if thats possible) are there any other ways to make it so the spacebar activates down farther in the travel? Maybe a new key cap lol? Really like it otherwise, keys arent too loud (red switches) and the wrist rest is quite comfortable.

·
Newsfiend
2,421 Posts
It is kind of a process to swap springs/stems on a standard plate mounted board but if you take it apart to the point where the plate is removed you can pop the top off the switch and give it a different spring and/or stem https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53309.0 has a tear down guide for the non rgb version.

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,609 Posts
As a fellow owner of the K65 (non-rgb): Try flipping the spacebar around. It may sound silly, but it puts it at a lower angle to your thumb. It's more comfortable for me. And since its lower in relation to the thumb, it might feel like it takes a longer thumb stroke to activate.

Just my experience with it. Flip it :)

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a fellow owner of the K65 (non-rgb): Try flipping the spacebar around. It may sound silly, but it puts it at a lower angle to your thumb. It's more comfortable for me. And since its lower in relation to the thumb, it might feel like it takes a longer thumb stroke to activate.

Just my experience with it. Flip it :)
I actually did try that after seeing someone suggest it, still too high of an activation for me. Think i need to just move my thumb off the spacebar until i need to press it, maybe ill even experiment with moving jump to alt key lol.

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,609 Posts
wrist rest maybe?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts