Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having great pains trying to overclock my P4 past 3.3Ghz. I have a P4 3.0 Ghz, and I cant get it to go past 220Mhz in the BIOS, if i go past that, windows wont boot, it will get past the loading screen, but reboot before the welcome screen appears. Temps arent the problem, I've got a Big Typhoon keeping it under 40C at load. I'm starting to think its the motherboard thats the problem, its an AOpen AX4C Max II, does anyone have any ideas?

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryguy1788

I have been having great pains trying to overclock my P4 past 3.3Ghz. I have a P4 3.0 Ghz, and I cant get it to go past 220Mhz in the BIOS, if i go past that, windows wont boot, it will get past the loading screen, but reboot before the welcome screen appears. Temps arent the problem, I've got a Big Typhoon keeping it under 40C at load. I'm starting to think its the motherboard thats the problem, its an AOpen AX4C Max II, does anyone have any ideas?

Could be your RAM, what kind is it? pc-3200? Try a divider.

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I havent looked into the RAM much, how do you use a divider? I already have the timings at 3-4-4-8, thats the highest it will let me go.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryguy1788

Ok, I havent looked into the RAM much, how do you use a divider? I already have the timings at 3-4-4-8, thats the highest it will let me go.

in the BIOS, you should see an option for it, i'm not too sure where it is tho.

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the RAM Frequency settings, and wow did that make a difference, now my CPU is clocked at 3.82 GHz, and memory timings are 2.5-3-3-7, that divider made a huge difference. I guess it wasnt my motherboard after all, even though I still wouldnt recommend AOpen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts