Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I have recently required what looks like a UPS and I would like to know if you can give me any infomation on how to use it properly

The information on the UPS States as follows in a diagram

Would like to know how i run my computer and monitor off this

Thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
Step 1: Plug it into the wall
Step 2: Plug what you don't want to go off during a power outage into it (you might need a power strip).

Keep in mind that the more that's running on it the less time you have until it runs out of juice. If the plugs don't match up you'll need a converter.

Very Important:
If you need to use a converter make sure it's done properly or you'll blow a fuse and possibly ruin the UPS and anything plugged into it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean by a converter?

Im using a Male Connection into the UPS and a Female Connection into the computer.

To test out the UPS, i tried turning off the UPS's power and my computer turned off instead of offering juice to the comp, there are miniture switches on the back and they are all seemed to be switched off.

What would I need to do?

·
Registered
604 Posts
You have to leave it on... Unplug it from the wall to test it. You'll probably need to let it charge for a few hours before it'll be at full power.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do any of those switches on the back have to be on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.