Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first review before to take it easy. I am just trying to inform others that do not know.

As some of you may have already seen recently overclock.net was added to the app "Tapatalk Forum App". If you do any mobile browsing you may have recently seen that message.

This is an application where you can browse forums in a more mobile friendly viewing. This application is not just for overclock.net. More and more forums get added all the time. Tapatalk currently has over 6,000 forums supported with 1,000 added every month. Pictures of the interface can be found below:

Price: 2.99 USD
Verdict: if you have extra itunes credits this is a nice app and can come in handy if you do a lot of mobile browsing on your phone but if you do not for 2.99 many other apps could be better then this one.

Feel free to comment, ask a question or give more info that I can add to the review.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tapatalk has a free app as well? I never tried it but to find this forum on the paid app you search for overclock.net or it is in the recently new added forums. I will look into other apps for free and or better mobile browsing.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I'm think i'm going to stick well clear of this app, most of the reviews say that its terrible

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not trust reviews from apps. Most of them are fanboys and haters. I equally give everything a fair chance and like I said if you have extra itunes credits go for it or if you really want it get it. But it is nice unless you do not mind zooming in and out which really is not to bad but its a nice little app. I just downloaded an app called "Forums". It was 1.99 and I will let you guys know how it is and get some screen shots and see if it supports OCN.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pistons50 View Post
Tapatalk has a free app as well? I never tried it but to find this forum on the paid app you search for overclock.net or it is in the recently new added forums. I will look into other apps for free and or better mobile browsing.
The free version if read only

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by michintom View Post
The free version if read only

Ahh. I see. Honestly so far I see nothing wrong with the paid version. Nothing beats the real forum on the computer of course but it is nice. I am still testing out "Forums" a different app. More info on that coming soon.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For a dollar cheaper the app "Forums" works as well. I have to leave for classes now but I will review this app along with some others when I get back home tonight.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATFISH
View Post

Any recommendations of apps that might be better? I couldn't find OCN on the free one...

Sadly, Chipp has stated that tapatalk isn't a direction he wants to take with OCN. He said something about not being happy that users would have to buy an app. There's been at least two posts about it in suggestions, but the most that he would say was that he was undecided on where mobile OCN should go from here. I wish he would do a tapatalk though, it is 1000x better than mobile web. XDA uses tapatalk, so much nicer, and free for the forum to implement.

Maybe a mod asking about it...

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Ooh nice. I hadn't seen that. The last few threads was no and maybe eventually.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts