Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have a 27" Apple Cinema Display. It's in like new condition with no scratches or dead pixels. I'd like to sell it for $700+shipping OBO.

Sorry for the blurry first picture, I'll upload a new one later tonight.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no need for it, I find that for the school work that I do then dual monitors are much more effective. Whenever I hook up the cinema display then I always end up playing games
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlockaFlam2 View Post

What the benefit to buying this opposed to a catleap for $400
This is an A+ rated panel, meaning that it has absolutely no dead pixels and no back light bleeding. With the korean monitors you're rolling the dice on whether you'll get a good panel (some can be just as good as this or the Dell U2711) or you can get a really bad one with uneven backlighting and dead pixels. If you're interested then PM me and maybe we can work something out.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlockaFlam2 View Post

What the benefit to buying this opposed to a catleap for $400
I don't think the catleap monitor includes a camera, speakers, several USB out and an elegant aluminum unibody shell

·
Jayce
3,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shozzking View Post

This is an A+ rated panel, meaning that it has absolutely no dead pixels and no back light bleeding. With the korean monitors you're rolling the dice on whether you'll get a good panel (some can be just as good as this or the Dell U2711) or you can get a really bad one with uneven backlighting and dead pixels. If you're interested then PM me and maybe we can work something out.
Some Korean sellers will offer to check for dead pixels for you for like an additional $20-30. So getting one without dead pixels/flaws is entirely possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnAimed View Post

I don't think the catleap monitor includes a camera, speakers, several USB out and an elegant aluminum unibody shell
You're right, the Korean IPS monitors offer nothing in common with an ACD other than sharing an LG IPS panel.

That said, Apple Cinema Displays are top notch, and $700 is far below what one would pay retail price for one brand new. The warranty and features/inputs alone would be worth it to some, and the OP is selling at a really good price.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillOhio View Post

How old is it, and do you have the original box?
It's under 6 months old and I still have the original box and all accessories.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillOhio View Post

Am trying to resist, but that didn't help...
Remember, I'll take reasonable offers (lowballs will be ignored).

·
Meow!
8,487 Posts
More important what model. Mine is 2010 model non-thunderbolt which will works on PC GPUs. I don't think the new 2011 model works with PC GPU due to thunderbolt DP.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by djriful View Post

More important what model. Mine is 2010 model non-thunderbolt which will works on PC GPUs. I don't think the new 2011 model works with PC GPU due to thunderbolt DP.
You're absolutely right. There are 2 different models of this display, the cinema display and the thunderbolt display. They are both clearly labelled on the box. The thunderbolt display will not work with pc's or older non-thunderbolt macs. This is the version with mini-displayport (took me ages to find a new one).

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I have to admit I've had my 30" Cinema monitor playing 2560*1600 for years and when it dies I think I'll give it a proper burial. It's been outright perfect for way past it's expected lifespan. I'm screwed when it dies lol.

I'll need 3 monitors to deal with the loss, when it happens
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I was looking at one of these in a store tonight, and I want one, but:

A, coming off a big car repair
B, getting ready to move so I'll be paying double rent next month (first and last's)
C, I really need to stop buying electronics in Canada that I'll eventually have to pay shipping and duty and probably brokerage on when I want to take it back to the U.S.

...stupid realities of life
mad.gif

·
Registered
533 Posts
Oh man, I currently have a deal pending with a fellow OCN for a new monitor. But, its been 2 days and still no confirmation number. If he ends up screwing me over, I will definitely be interested in this monitor.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts