Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GPU options are 1-4 GT 120 512MB cards (also known as 8500\\9500GT's), or a single 4870. Insane how they charge you $300 for a 1TB drive too.

Source

Edit: Lets not turn this into a Mac vs. PC thread.

·
Banned
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin
View Post

The only reason I can think of this being posted is to start flame war.

Oo... I have a feeling you're right.

I'm having second thoughts right now.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
what 8 series gpu is that the equivalent of ha ha

·
Banned
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSubtleKnife
View Post

no, the 8800GT = GT 240 i thought...

So you can put... four 8600GT's in there?

Err...

Edit: 120GT = 8500\\9500GT, GT 130 = 8800GS\\9600GSO.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by uNeec
View Post

The infamous 8800gt I bet!

nope, that is the gt240.

The gt120 is probably more like a 9400gt... and they are charging $150 for each one you add

Also, anyone think it is strange that they are not offering any workstation cards, considering the intended use of the Mac Pro?

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
Don't bash their 1TB drives. Mac hard drives last way longer than PC hard drives. I bought a hard drive once for a PC and it died the day I got it. My friend has a Mac and has had the same special hard drive in it for 17 years!

edit: You can ask him if you don't believe me!!!

why do you think they cost more???

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts

·
Banned
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn
View Post

Don't bash their 1TB drives. Mac hard drives last way longer than PC hard drives. I bought a hard drive once for a PC and it died the day I got it. My friend has a Mac and has had the same special hard drive in it for 3 years! <- expect this

You get bad units, you should know that.

Having slightly better reliability is NOT worth triple the price. Not in my book.

·
Goodbye
10,269 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by low strife
View Post

85009500gt.

Then why not call it an 8500, I mean 9500, errr and who has been defending nvidia saying that renaming is supposed to get rid of confusion?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penicilyn
View Post

Then why not call it an 8500, I mean 9500, errr and who has been defending nvidia saying that renaming is supposed to get rid of confusion?

Nvidia should release some kind of a conversion chart so we know what each of their new products is a rebrand of.

And no, I don't hate nvidia, I just think this rebranding thing is getting out of hand.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn
View Post

Don't bash their 1TB drives. Mac hard drives last way longer than PC hard drives. I bought a hard drive once for a PC and it died the day I got it. My friend has a Mac and has had the same special hard drive in it for 3 years! <- expect this

I can't believe the amount of dumb that was in this post.

For the record, there is no difference between a 'PC' and a 'Mac' drive, they can use the same kind of drives interchangeably. Reliability is in the hands of whoever manufactured it. Apples drive is the same drive with $200 worth of markup.

·
Premium Member
7,839 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolhax
View Post

I can't believe the amount of dumb that was in this post.

For the record, there is no difference between a 'PC' and a 'Mac' drive, they can use the same kind of drives interchangeably. Reliability is in the hands of whoever manufactured it. Apples drive is the same drive with $200 worth of markup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low strife
View Post

You get bad units, you should know that.

Having slightly better reliability is NOT worth triple the price. Not in my book.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GivingHope
View Post

In all honesty, none of you noticed the sarcasm?

I am too good.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts