·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC...S-SHOP-Froogle

Features:
  • 2560x1440 LED, H-IPS screen
  • Built in speakers, camera, mic, and USB hub
  • Glossy finish (for people who hate the anti-glare on Dells)
All for about $150 under MSRP! And It comes with the standard Apple 1 year warranty, just like a brand new model.

If you've seen them in person, you know these screens are absolutely gorgeous. If I didn't have my U2711, I'd be giving this some serious thought... I still might

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
yeah well when you find something that is $150 total price and not 150 off come talk to me. Other wise i can pay my bills and Finnish building my bike.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by manifest3r
View Post

Might as well buy a new Dell IPS for $100 more

The Dell isnt better. They both have their pros and cons.

·
**** Linux
2,379 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennobanzai
View Post

The Dell isnt better. They both have their pros and cons.

No. The is better.

I'd rather buy a new dell for $100 less than a refurb'd apple.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love the way 2560/1440 screen's looks and they are easy on the eyes any one who has ever had the experience to work on one of these apple LCD knows what I mean.
Dell makes some very nice monitors I know a few people who don't mind spending a thousand on a 24"-27" monitor I still can not justify the cost of either dell or apple monitors at these price range.

·
Banned
5,701 Posts
I would rather have the one with the 3 year warranty and not the 1 year. I can get over the AG coating. Fingerprint magnet Apple. But all that said if I didn't already have my U2711 though, I would probably buy the ACD 27".

·
Banned
18 Posts
To all you guys poo-pooing this deal, please look at a display with very high pixel density!! It's amazing how real everything looks. Yes it's an apple display but behind that is a philips|LG IPS screen.

·
Premium Member
9,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnater;14237757
To all you guys poo-pooing this deal, please look at a display with very high pixel density!! It's amazing how real everything looks. Yes it's an apple display but behind that is a philips|LG IPS screen.
Yeah, at work i had both a 27" Apple Cinema Display and a 30" Dell IPS, i Made the dell my email monitor while all the real work happened on the ACD.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenolak;14237817
The specs are nice ... but its an apple, and that price is still outragously inflated.
Agreed. My 15inch MBP is no where near as fast as my sig rig and my rig is almost half the price.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al plants Corn;14235608
No. The is better.
Depends on your needs really. Both actually use the same panel, manufactured by LG.

The Dells have wide gamut support, extra calibration presets/options and the aggressive anti-glare. The Apples are native sRGB, glossy and include extras like the speakers/cam/mic.

A lot of people prefer the glossy look to Dell's AG.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts