Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WaterCooler
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am downsizing stuff in my parts closet. Forgot I had an unopened Corsair AX1200 in there. Shrink wrap has torn in a couple areas, but otherwise sealed and new, never been used. Are these worth anything these days?

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Everything is worth something to someone, but given this PSU is 10+ years old (released in 2010 by my research) and only 80+ gold certified, and it's not digital, then probably not worth very much. Depends how patient you are and how bad you want rid of it. If you just want it gone, stick it on ebay for $50 and it will probably sell quickly. It may or may not sell at $75 but might take longer. Probably won't sell at $100 but I've been wrong before. Original selling price according to corsair website was £290.

For comparison I bought my PSU used and manufacturer refurbished last year. At the time it was 3 years old, Corsair AX850 from 2018, not digital but 80+ titanium certified, original selling price brand new was £210, I paid £110.

·
WaterCooler
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,685 Posts
Everything is worth something to someone, but given this PSU is 10+ years old (released in 2010 by my research) and only 80+ gold certified, and it's not digital, then probably not worth very much. Depends how patient you are and how bad you want rid of it. If you just want it gone, stick it on ebay for $50 and it will probably sell quickly. It may or may not sell at $75 but might take longer. Probably won't sell at $100 but I've been wrong before. Original selling price according to corsair website was £290.

For comparison I bought my PSU used and manufacturer refurbished last year. At the time it was 3 years old, Corsair AX850 from 2018, not digital but 80+ titanium certified, original selling price brand new was £210, I paid £110.
Good to know. I'll just chuck my used one into the trash then

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good to know. I'll just chuck my used one into the trash then
Unless you are short on storage space it could be worth keeping as a backup. I never chuck anything that still works, always keep for spares or backup use.

·
WaterCooler
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless you are short on storage space it could be worth keeping as a backup. I never chuck anything that still works, always keep for spares or backup use.
I got so much old stuff and need to downsize. By old, I just mean 2008 or newer. Not really worth anything. Thought someone might want my X58 board / RAM but so far nothing. Might post it here.

·
WaterCooler
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perhaps donating it to a local school, computer user group, church or other civic organization would be better than trashing it, yes (at least if you can't find a buyer for it anyways) ??
Great idea, and this is what I am thinking of doing with it while looking for a proper recycling place to take my old stuff that isn't worth anything.

·
WaterCooler
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sold it for $50.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts