Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Looking for appraisal on my Filco Majestouch 104-key w/ Cherry MX Browns.

Have had this for about a year or so and it's been a dream, but I want to pickup a tenkeyless now and am willng to part with it.
Board has been well maintained, no spills etc and is in overall great condition.

I've noticed that the boards available in the US now are Majestouch 2s, this was imported from Taiwan before Amazon carried them, so I'm not sure if it's a ver. 2 or not.

EDIT: Pics added (from phone sorry - will try and get better ones if possible)

[/URL]

TIA
smile.gif

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,694 Posts
pics are definitely needed for a KB appraisal. wear is a huge factor.

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I can't post post any pics right now, but when I get home later I will (sorry).
Again everythings in good condition, and I while the key caps aren't factory fresh (ABS), but they're not glossed over with key shine IMO either.

EDIT: Pics are up

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumpsauce

·
Ncase M1 Lover
1,431 Posts
My guess is around $50. What'd you buy it for? $110ish? A year of use is quite a lot for a keyboard. Unless the keyboard is new as well it will be hard to get people to buy it unless it's a good deal.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have a Filco Tenkeyless browns and I love it to death!

I would pick that up instantly for $50. I would say $80 dollars shipped, considering the wear on the keys.

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by exzacklyright View Post

My guess is around $50. What'd you buy it for? $110ish? A year of use is quite a lot for a keyboard. Unless the keyboard is new as well it will be hard to get people to buy it unless it's a good deal.
They retailed for about $140 or so on EK I think, but I had to import it from Taiwan since EK ran out of stock....needless to say after taxes I paid considerably more than that :/

·
Old School
1,636 Posts
I agree that $50 is too low, that'd go almost instantly, and I'd definitely snag it right now at that price...
tongue.gif
I'd say anywhere from $80-$100 shipped, at least as a starting point. Unfortunately, with EK stocking Leopolds at $100-110 + shipping, the more expensive Filcos can be a hard sell, as Leopold has near identical build quality and a near identical form factor. My advice? Try making a trade thread instead, either here or on GeekHack, and see if anyone has a tenkeyless they'll trade straight across for this. There's usually a few people lurking around that are in a similar position, having bought one form factor and now wanting to try another.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
This is the first version of the MJ, also shining on the keys is common with Filcos so it's not a huge deal. I'd agree that somewhere around $100 shipped is reasonable. Maybe a little bit less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts