Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
$230-240 shipped

Edit: my bad I thought it was brand new. When I read quick in english I miss some words at time.

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
i agree with what 290's go for, you would expect around $175 shipped

·
Not New to Overclock.net
770 Posts
This isn't a 290.

This is a card for users who want an nvidia experience and not something that's been mined the hell out of in someone's garage for the past year.

$200 Shipped.

·

13,038 Posts
$175 shipped.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regamaster View Post

This isn't a 290.

This is a card for users who want an nvidia experience and not something that's been mined the hell out of in someone's garage for the past year.

$200 Shipped.
of course its not a 290, else he could get it for 200 easy.

nvidia experience or no experience, 290 still beats the hell out a 770 in every benchmark and games. so why would anyone pay more for a 770 over 290, for what. shadowplay?
rolleyes.gif

·
Not New to Overclock.net
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckyle View Post

of course its not a 290, else he could get it for 200 easy.

nvidia experience or no experience, 290 still beats the hell out a 770 in every benchmark and games. so why would anyone pay more for a 770 over 290, for what. shadowplay?
rolleyes.gif
Check out the recently sold listings for used GTX 770s on eBay and prepare to eat your words buddy.

Why would anyone pay more for a 770 you ask? Because they OWN the discrete market, it is what it is. Don't pick a Red vs Green argument with me, just look at the facts.
wink.gif

And by the way, majority of the 290s selling for around $200 are usually reference design so you better hope they include some earplugs because they run ridiculously loud and hot. Trust me, I've owned one.

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
eBay listing prices are not prices that you will get on a forum like OCN. This is because fees.. $200 is probably doable on eBay, but then you take eBay fees which is usually a pretty decent chunk. Something like 5-10% IIRC? Not sure exact amount. Selling electronics on eBay also poses risk as people on there like to take advantage of scam opportunity when they can.

They get the item, claim it doesn't work. Then try to send you back a broken one or actually broke the same on you sent them. In my experience eBay always took buyers side. Has happened to me several times no matter how accurate pictures/listing was...

$175, $180 shipped max if you don't sell it on eBay. I've been seeing 680's(same GPU as 770 just a tad older) are selling around $160 and 670's for $130 as of late over on [H] so you can expect a bit more from a 770.

In the end you might get a few more dollars from eBay but it's not worth the hassle or risk IMO.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Quote:

Check out the recently sold listings for used GTX 770s on eBay and prepare to eat your words buddy.

Why would anyone pay more for a 770 you ask? Because they OWN the discrete market, it is what it is. Don't pick a Red vs Green argument with me, just look at the facts.
wink.gif

And by the way, majority of the 290s selling for around $200 are usually reference design so you better hope they include some earplugs because they run ridiculously loud and hot. Trust me, I've owned one.
i see the facts, and i also see benchmarks, i'm not about that fanboyism red vs green bs, i'm about best bang for the bucks.

ebay pricing are marked up due to collection fee from both ebay AND paypal. ofcourse it's going to be higher on ebay due to seller trying to make up the losses from ebay fees.

the 290 is not THAT loud as everyone said, i own one as well, bought it for 250 when the mining craze stopped and for the money it blew everything out of the water in that price range. if anything my old gtx 480 was much louder.

with the arrival of the corsair HG10 and adding a h55 to it. it beats out a 780 easy. nevermind a 770.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
770 Posts
I'm sorry but both of your posts hold very weak arguments.

iinversion, your experience with eBay does not and will not represent everyone else's. Thousands, if not more, of computer tech related transactions go thru eBay everyday.. much more than what any forum's marketplace sees. If you still believe the old stereotype that dealing on eBay is too much of a risk then that is your choice, millions of people will continue to use it with success.

And now to address the completely illogical ideology you two share that the only reason prices are higher on eBay is because sellers need to compensate for the extra fees.. this could not be further from the truth.

First of all eBay is world-renowned, so the odds of your video card getting exposure to potential high paying buyers will be greater than that with tech forum marketplaces, which are usually full of above average users who argue benchmark statistics all day like kckyle here.

Secondly, it's totally irrelevant what fees the seller pays because at the end of the day all that really matters is what the buyer is willing to pay you for it, not what he or she thinks you deserve. You both are basically saying that buyers on eBay go around making purchases and deliberately pay extra because of a presumption that the seller is automatically entitled to more money just because they are hit with fees, what a joke. Most buyers on eBay have no knowledge of sellers fees nor do they even care, most just want to save money.

Riddle me this: if you claim 770 sale prices on eBay are only marked up because of seller fees, then why are 290s on eBay being sold for the same or even less?
biggrin.gif

Also btw kckyle, your 290/HG10/AIO cooler combo is not at all cost effective and completely defeats the purpose of this argument.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
290 performs better. That means it's worth more. All there is to it. You won't get people to pay more for an inferior card on ocn. OCN is not eBay. People here generally know what they're buying.

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
Not sure what you're talking about. The cheapest buy-it-now R9 290 on eBay at the time of this post is a reference version for $230 shipped. The cheapest 770 is $220 shipped. You can buy reference R9 290s on this forum and others like it for $200 shipped all day long with ease.. and you can even swing some people down a bit lower.

The difference in price is because of the fees nothing else. (eBay vs here). This goes for not only these GPU's, but for everything.

You're argument that the prices are lower because exposure is less is pretty poor. Generally with less exposure prices are higher, not the other way around. People don't sell it for less here because there's less exposure, they sell it for less because there's no eBay fees and sometimes even no PayPal fees(if using other method of payment). Which means, at the end of the day even though they sold it for less they still have more in the bank.

If OP plans to sell his card on OCN he will not get the eBay price, that is all there is to it. People here know what they are buying and what it's worth/what they can get it for elsewhere. If he doesn't put it at a competitive price(compared to other ads on here and other forums), then it won't sell. They'll just find another seller to buy from. If he wants to sit on the card awhile he might be able to get $190 shipped but the longer he waits the lower the value will become. Hence quotes around $175-$180 range.

It's true, lots of people have used eBay with great success and have had no bad experiences. Then again, there's a lot that have had bad experiences. I was simply pointing out that when you sell/buy here you can have more peace of mind. At least IMO.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
770 Posts
Why are you staring at the Buy It Now prices? If you were at all competent you would know that auctions are where the real money is to be saved, hence why I clearly explained in my previous post to look at sold listings of 770s/290s, which will show you what most people are really paying for them. I shouldn't even be acknowledging you on this topic anymore because you made it pretty clear earlier that you obviously don't know enough about using eBay.
doh.gif

In the end OP wanted to know what his card was worth, I quoted it based on actual market value (what people are really paying). I did not base it on what it was worth to me personally, or how it stacks up against some other card which is completely irrelevant. With the logic the people are using in this thread, a GTX 970 would only be worth $220 in the marketplace because it barely outperforms an R9 290, I'm done replying to these dumb posts.
tongue.gif

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
Yea. I looked at ended auctions and they are roughly the same +/- $10. When looking through these, keep in mind to look at shipping costs.. it makes it more or less the same as the buy-it-now prices I mentioned.

What people will pay on eBay and what people will pay here are two different things. It's very simple. I don't know why you can't understand that but okay.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Quote:

Why are you staring at the Buy It Now prices? If you were at all competent you would know that auctions are where the real money is to be saved, hence why I clearly explained in my previous post to look at sold listings of 770s/290s, which will show you what most people are really paying for them. I shouldn't even be acknowledging you on this topic anymore because you made it pretty clear earlier that you obviously don't know enough about using eBay.
doh.gif

In the end OP wanted to know what his card was worth, I quoted it based on actual market value (what people are really paying). I did not base it on what it was worth to me personally, or how it stacks up against some other card which is completely irrelevant. With the logic the people are using in this thread, a GTX 970 would only be worth $220 in the marketplace because it barely outperforms an R9 290, I'm done replying to these dumb posts.
tongue.gif
when it comes to gtx 970 there is a whole new list of new perimeters, since 290 is being sold for under 300 NEW, the gtx 970 is being sold 319 new. and since the 770 is discontinued and no longer has a valid MSRP. the price is determined by performance, and it just so happens to sit below the 290.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts