Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I'm in college now...and not nearly using this computer to its full potential, so I'm considering selling it. I haven't been quite up to date on the prices lately so any help would be appreciated
smile.gif


I would like to get an appraisal for the rig as a whole and parted out. Thanks!

(Leave the monitor, speakers, sound card, keyboard/mouse, burner out please)

Also, everything is in pristine condition. Case is flawless. However, my windows copy is through my university and I can't transfer that.
 

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
2500k $165
Spinpoint hdd $70
Sabertooth $135
PSU $135
580 $360
Case no idea
ram $20

all together....850 + shipping.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: sbao26975

·
Leader of the #1 [email protected] Team
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwiley View Post

2500k $165
Spinpoint hdd $70
Sabertooth $135
PSU $135
580 $360
Case no idea
ram $20
all together....850 + shipping.
Case is probably $40. Maybe $55 if it is "Showroom" condition lol

i would say $825 if you need it gone ASAP for College funds
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,468 Posts
I'd pay $900 is Windows is genuine, the power supply doesn't have a coil whine, the case is mint, and the monitor is included.

looked at the edit: make that $775.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwiley View Post

2500k $165
Spinpoint hdd $70
Sabertooth $135
PSU $135
580 $360
Case no idea
ram $20
all together....850 + shipping.
^this.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: sbao26975

·
How many volts!?
Joined
·
3,439 Posts
$900 shipped if you're willing to sit on it.

$775-$800 if you want a quick sale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSkyline View Post

Case is probably $40. Maybe $55 if it is "Showroom" condition lol
i would say $825 if you need it gone ASAP for College funds
smile.gif
I hope you're kidding. This case isn't some crappy antec or cooler master.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwiley View Post

2500k $165
Spinpoint hdd $70
Sabertooth $135
PSU $135
580 $360
Case no idea
ram $20
all together....850 + shipping.
These are some good prices but you could get $200-250 for the case and closer to $420 for the GPU.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: sbao26975

·
Leader of the #1 [email protected] Team
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbao26975 View Post

I hope you're kidding. This case isn't some crappy antec or cooler master.
I admit, i had no idea anybody would be stupid enough to pay for the case instead of making a down payment on a 990X. Some people i guess...

Well i don't see why you couldn't sell the rig for about $999.99 or a little more
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSkyline View Post

I admit, i had no idea anybody would be stupid enough to pay for the case instead of making a down payment on a 990X. Some people i guess...
Why house hundreds to thousands of dollars of computer hardware inside a crappy looking plastic box?

Why do people spend thousands to modify their cars without any real performance gain?

Why do people get plastic surgery while remaining horrible people?

It's all about what you want and value. For most here this is their hobby. Some people prefer to house their system in a case that helps to showcase their hard work and hardware while offering effective cooling. An extra $200 compared to the average case gets you amazing aesthetics and great cooling along with build quality that is out of this world.

The case is amazing and I would gladly pay $250 for it alone if I hadn't just bought my 800d a few weeks back.

Also, a lot of people think a 990x is "stupid" because it has limited uses beyond encoding and heavily threaded apps. It's all what you want or are going to use it for.
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRosko42 View Post

Why house hundreds to thousands of dollars of computer hardware inside a crappy looking plastic box?
Why do people spend thousands to modify their cars without any real performance gain?
Why do people get plastic surgery while remaining horrible people?
It's all about what you want and value. For most here this is their hobby. Some people prefer to house their system in a case that helps to showcase their hard work and hardware while offering effective cooling. An extra $200 compared to the average case gets you amazing aesthetics and great cooling along with build quality that is out of this world.
The case is amazing and I would gladly pay $250 for it alone if I hadn't just bought my 800d a few weeks back.
Also, a lot of people think a 990x is "stupid" because it has limited uses beyond encoding and heavily threaded apps. It's all what you want or are going to use it for.
thumb.gif
this. my hardware could fit in a matx case, but i wanted it to look pretty. mostly because i spent so much i didn't want it to be put into an antec one hundred (no offense to people who have them.)
 

·
Leader of the #1 [email protected] Team
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
Well there are Pretty and well built cases for under $200 is my point. And yes people do some goofy things, but i would rather have Performance over looks any day!
smile.gif


Hence my current rig, i have spent Over $1,000 on Components, but only $40 for my case on sell. And it's a damn good case might i add
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSkyline View Post

I admit, i had no idea anybody would be stupid enough to pay for the case instead of making a down payment on a 990X. Some people i guess...
Well i don't see why you couldn't sell the rig for about $999.99 or a little more
thumb.gif
"Some people" also think that dropping $1000+ on a processor that offers marginal performance benefit over a $300 processor is stupid. I can use this case for years to come because it is built so fantastically and can handle anything I throw at it. I can't say the same for internal components that are rapidly being improved. Cases move at a different pace than the technology that they house.

I understand the people that can't justify dropping so much on a case because they don't expect to keep that case for their next build; they think of them as disposable in a way. I used to be one of those people until I bought a Lian-Li. You cannot match the all-aluminum build and the attention to detail that these cases offer.

I could say the same thing for power supplies as well. People buy quality power supplies for a reason and if you buy well enough, you won't have to replace it for years.

I guess I'm just of those people who hold form on the same level as function. Sure you can swap a Corvette engine into a Civic but it sure as hell isn't going to be a Ferrari.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: CRosko42

·
Leader of the #1 [email protected] Team
Joined
·
5,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbao26975 View Post

"Some people" also think that dropping $1000+ on a processor that offers marginal performance benefit over a $300 processor is stupid. I can use this case for years to come because it is built so fantastically and can handle anything I throw at it. I can't say the same for internal components that are rapidly being improved. Cases move at a different pace than the technology that they house.
I understand the people that can't justify dropping so much on a case because they don't expect to keep that case for their next build; they think of them as disposable in a way. I used to be one of those people until I bought a Lian-Li. You cannot match the all-aluminum build and the attention to detail that these cases offer.
I could say the same thing for power supplies as well. People buy quality power supplies for a reason and if you buy well enough, you won't have to replace it for years.
I guess I'm just of those people who hold form on the same level as function. Sure you can swap a Corvette engine into a Civic but it sure as hell isn't going to be a Ferrari.
Well the 990X comment aside, i see your point, but then your not like me and Most people, money isn't as tight for you i guess. I would rather spend $300 on a new GPU/RAM/CPU or Mobo then a case that might look nice, and might last a while, but you can always get another one.

Now true, Cases don't change as fast as CPU's and GPU's, but they change from time to time and i want to be able to get something better as they do. And not spend a ton of money on it either.

Now the Li Lian is an amazing case, has a few Cons though i see (Newegg Feedback) and there is nothing in that case that a little DIY on a cheaper case couldn't match or fix
smile.gif
Besides, are we really gonna need our case to stand up to dropped out a 3 Story window or a Tornado if the Components can't survive with it?? So craftsmanship of the case has it's limits.

But like i said, if money and upgrade potential isn't an issue, then spend $300+ on a case, but I and others would rather spend that extra money on better Components, and just "trick" out the case we got if we want "Bling" factor
smile.gif
thumb.gif
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top