Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im itchen to rebuild another gaming rig,now this time i wanna do the smallest case with the most punch.So id like to see what i can get for my beast now as a whole before id break it down and part it out,i was gonna list but really just look in my sig below and you will see what im talking about.Whats the best price.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
I say 1200-1500?IDK

EDIT: Revised appraisal:

2500-3000

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol seriously,the video cards are worth $1500 for all 3,im just prolly gonna realize now that ill get more parting the machine out.i wouldnt take nothing less than $3500 for the whole rig,$3000 if cash was in front of me.thanx anyways for the replys,i realize this would be hard to appraise.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
U are not going to get 70% of what you paid for all hte parts if u sell as a whole. People buy everything togeather because they get combo delas not because you put the time and eeforet and got a great system. Sucks but if u took out a 480 and sold as a 2x sli u could get 2k a lot easier then if the tri sli @ 2500... those are happy awsome numbers that you would be lucky to get man!
Sucks i know! It comees down to money and if people dont have it to part with you aint getting nothing.

(Parting out might be a better way to go for u maybe trades up for new parts for ur new gaming rig???)

Explain this, u have best set up ever right now. What could u want to upgrade too?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackeduphard
View Post

U are not going to get 70% of what you paid for all hte parts if u sell as a whole. People buy everything togeather because they get combo delas not because you put the time and eeforet and got a great system. Sucks but if u took out a 480 and sold as a 2x sli u could get 2k a lot easier then if the tri sli @ 2500... those are happy awsome numbers that you would be lucky to get man!
Sucks i know! It comees down to money and if people dont have it to part with you aint getting nothing.

(Parting out might be a better way to go for u maybe trades up for new parts for ur new gaming rig???)

Explain this, u have best set up ever right now. What could u want to upgrade too?

If you do this idea and sell a 480 by itself I might be interested.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Selling one of the 480's by itself is a must to max out your return... Maybe even sell two of them, and then sell the rig with only one 480 on craigslist... same might apply with your RAM... and I would take out the SSD's for the new computer and install "normal" HDD's and reinstall the OS... maybe fly a RAID-0 setup with the drives, but keep the SSD's....

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Core I7 960/[email protected] - $260
Motherboard EVGA X58 Classified - $175-$200
Memory 12 gigs OCZ Reaper [email protected] - $300
Graphics Card EVGA GTX 480 tri-sli - $375 each
Hard Drive OCZ Agility 2 90 ssd-raid 0 - $160 each
Seagate Hybrid 500 - $90-$100
Sound Card Blaster X-fi titanium - $70
Power Supply 1200 watt PC power and cooling - $180
Case cooler master cosmos full - $100?
CPU cooling DD gtx240 custom liquid kit - $40 for the rad?
Monitor I-inc 28 [email protected] - $250 shipped

System - $2500 shipped, $2250 for a quick sale, $3000 craigslist if you get lucky.
Part out - ~$2800 - $3000 after paypal and shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts