Overclock.net banner

241 - 260 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm getting this failure to Send on 3 machines... all with the same work unit. Other WUs are working fine... 16435s still falling to upload 24h later, other Wus complete and Send. WTH?
I have 4 stuck 16435s as well, two of which have been sitting there since 4/23. I made a thread last night on the folding forums and was told it is a server issue and that the server owner has been notified.

• Rep+
Reactions: Jpmboy

·
OC...D
27,802 Posts
I have 4 stuck 16435s as well, two of which have been sitting there since 4/23. I made a thread last night on the folding forums and was told it is a server issue and that the server owner has been notified.
Great! Thank you +1

·
Water-cooler
1,681 Posts
Wow. Probably the most communication I have seen in a Foldathon thread in a long time. Sad I missed the action...busy week. Had a good laugh about Zodac. Folding was much different back then. I was a lurker for a long while before I joined in 2011. Good to see this much action in a folding thread again!

·
Water-cooler
1,681 Posts
Lol this can't be right haha. I must have missed something and the site must have gone down for a bit. Guess I won lol.

Attachments

·
Fold on!
6,815 Posts
Wow. Probably the most communication I have seen in a Foldathon thread in a long time. Sad I missed the action...busy week. Had a good laugh about Zodac. Folding was much different back then. I was a lurker for a long while before I joined in 2011. Good to see this much action in a folding thread again!
Nice isn't it? A bit of life in the folding section :D
Many things have changed since those old days, but it's good to be back!
And nice work with getting the most points :thumb:

·
Water-cooler
1,681 Posts
8th...not bad for one card and it being a crapshoot with getting WUs.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
I think I broke the client, Look at the PPD. On a side not, the [email protected] viewer is now working, not in demo mode. Its pretty sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
How did you get it working? Mine is still broke.

·
Somewhere in time
1,488 Posts
Posting to see if my badges get updated, recently joined back in the fold. Great work y'all....

Edit: Nope still old 2 million badge and no 10 year member

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Updated to the new client. .11
Hmm. I was messing with a github version prior to the new release. I guess it didn’t overwrite that file assuming it changed. Guess I should try the old file.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
There is an even newer version out. . 13 Found here. https://foldingathome.org/beta/
Does that mean 11 is out of Beta? I am still seeing 7.6.9 listed at https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/

I'm hoping for a new version as overnight one of my GPU slots had a connection issue with a download server and 6 hours of nothing in the log and no timer to next download. I thought the clean install of 7.6.9 resolved that as I had a few days without an issue, but alas it came back. It's enough of a hit that it pushed me down 20 places yesterday to today on the Points today ranking. So hopefully the new version resolves it.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Not quite sure, but yea 7.6.9 Is still the main client. I would upgrade to a beta.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Financial cost. For one week worth of folding.

Attachments

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
Financial cost. For one week worth of folding.
How did you work that out? My single 2080ti using a kill-a-watt meter has consumed $23(Aus) in 6 days.
Once i get to 100M i'll be turning it off again or slowing it.

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
3 WU's wouldn't send last night, 3/4 million points wasted. The 3.21.157.11 Collection server is fried.

Attachments

·
Rig Advisor
2,233 Posts
Yea, I keep getting WU's assigned to the screwed up collection server, No point in folding just to watch them wither away to 0. Going to take a break for a day or 2 till they get it sorted out.

241 - 260 of 288 Posts