Overclock.net banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
49°C? My 3090 was 72°C yesterday, so I went back a few % in power and it maxed out at 68°C. I hope I can get a WB soon..
My 1070ti was hitting 81 degrees a few times I looked at it. Running it till it can get a water block. May not spend the money on one if I can pick up a few extra better cards.
Fair points, but for a card that runs 42c at full load to be all of a sudden hitting 49c, tells me there is probably gunk in the fins.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
I always check that box but I've never actually seen prizes awarded!

I realized last night that my 1660 isn't installed in anything. I gave the computer it was in to my parents and never put it in another one. Should be able to give Bob a better run next month.

• Rep+
Reactions: BWG

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
I got an unrelated (to folding) question that I'm going to ask here, I'm sure there are some network professionals that will giggle at how stupid this is:

What is this type of frame called? I keep coming up with the wrong things in a google search

·
I can count to potato
878 Posts
I got an unrelated (to folding) question that I'm going to ask here, I'm sure there are some network professionals that will giggle at how stupid this is:

What is this type of frame called? I keep coming up with the wrong things in a google search
A two post rack... Probably 42u

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
A two post rack... Probably 42u
Booya! I think I am going to retire it from it's current duty of holding up old paint cans. I am envisioning a wall mounted chassis with a vertical layout for the folding rig.

edit: double booya for the little asterisk/star in my avatar.... it's so lovely without that sidebar!

• Rep+
Reactions: Bastiaan_NL and BWG

·
Premium Member
13,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Booya! I think I am going to retire it from it's current duty of holding up old paint cans. I am envisioning a wall mounted chassis with a vertical layout for the folding rig.

edit: double booya for the little asterisk/star in my avatar
You've certainly earned it.

·
Fold on!
6,983 Posts
Fair points, but for a card that runs 42c at full load to be all of a sudden hitting 49c, tells me there is probably gunk in the fins.
I knew something like that would be the case, otherwise you wouldn't mention it. I'm afraid I've got the same issue on a card, because of me trying to fill it with a dirty tube 🤦

Prizes:

Congrats winners! 🍺 🍺

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts

View attachment 2487531
That is a ton of cabling, what in gods name do you have wired in your house?

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
Heh. Thats the server/storage room here at work. The two post rack and a giant dell rolling server rack were left here by someone a long time ago. The dell rack would be awesome if I had an elevator at home. As it we just use it to store empty boxes.
20210422_142527.jpg

I have a hell of a time with pictures on the new forum. Not sure how I always seem to get it wrong.

·
I can count to potato
878 Posts
If I had the space, I would love to have an enclosed rack like that Dell. Someday I'll have a nice homelab setup...

@Avacado is your house wired up with network drops throughout? I feel like I suggested some Ubiquity gear to you a while ago, but can't remember if you were just running everything wireless.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
It's certainly not something I could ship to you, and the key is lost (one door is locked), but if you're near Houston....

You could probably install a generator in the bottom and a few rigs above it, scare the crap out of some laptops

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
My 42u was 12u of UPS, PDUs, and batteries, 4u of patch panels, 5u of switch/firewall/router, 16u (4x4u) of servers and a disk shelf, and the remainder shelves and wire management. I am in the process of downsizing that to a 12u for network and power and 2 stand alone cases.

I won't miss the power and noise of all that gear running. :)

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
If I had the space, I would love to have an enclosed rack like that Dell. Someday I'll have a nice homelab setup...

@Avacado is your house wired up with network drops throughout? I feel like I suggested some Ubiquity gear to you a while ago, but can't remember if you were just running everything wireless.
You did, and I bought the whole setup. But for the life of me I could not get the speeds comparative to my purchased plan, and the network kept dropping continuously. I just swapped it out for a traditional router and ran an ethernet cable to a WAP in the dungeon. The only wired connection in the house is in the office, everything else is wireless. Get around 200Mb/s in the dungeon, so i'm ok with it.

I REALLY wanted it to work.

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
You did, and I bought the whole setup. But for the life of me I could not get the speeds comparative to my purchased plan, and the network kept dropping continuously. I just swapped it out for a traditional router and ran an ethernet cable to a WAP in the dungeon. The only wired connection in the house is in the office, everything else is wireless. Get around 200Mb/s in the dungeon, so i'm ok with it.

View attachment 2487605

I just upgraded to a 1200 mb/s service at my house. With my old rig the speed stayed about the same.Even with it being so fast coming in.With the new rig and much better LAN in it my speeds have jumped to 900 mb/s being hard wired.Mind you that with everything else being wireless but one other computer.200 mb/s is not bad at all for speed and can not bottle neck folding or even gaming. There is a certain point where it's the server running the website/game that bottle necks a fast internet speed.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
I sometimes get the mbps things mixed up, is your 1200 number directly comparable to my DSL's 5 Mbs rating? As in 240 times faster? Can you even tell the difference between accessing a file on your local network and one on on a server in another country?

·
I can count to potato
878 Posts

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. At work I use a mix of Cisco Meraki and Ubiquity gear and have had great luck with it. Since I'm just renting currently I run a DD-WRT flashed nighthawk and have everything except my plex server on wifi :sick:. Once I own my own home again, I'll do drops in every room. I just prefer the speed, stability, and security of wired networking.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts