Overclock.net banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Which of you 24/7 folders is going to join Extreme Team Folding? Huh? You can fold for 37726 or any team actually. Let me know if you're interested. It's still in the testing phase, but we do have a live demo active right now. u3b3rg33k needs 2 folders for his team, or you can make your own team.

Formerly The Team Competition. If you need more info on how it works, let me know. It only requires 1 piece of hardware to be folded on 24/7.

Also, you can watch @Bastiaan_NL still beat @Avacado there as well.

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
Which of you 24/7 folders is going to join Extreme Team Folding? Huh? You can fold for 37726 or any team actually. Let me know if you're interested. It's still in the testing phase, but we do have a live demo active right now. u3b3rg33k needs 2 folders for his team, or you can make your own team.

Formerly The Team Competition. If you need more info on how it works, let me know. It only requires 1 piece of hardware to be folded on 24/7.

Also, you can watch @Bastiaan_NL still beat @Avacado there as well.
Challenge accepted. Ask bastiaan how much money he had to spend to take the lead.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
I'll add to the facts. I've been slacking like crazy on my to do list.

• Rep+
Reactions: BWG

·
Premium Member
13,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I'll add to the facts. I've been slacking like crazy on my to do list.
It looks like May is a test/demo full month, and then June will be the first live run with all folders/teams. You have time still. :) But, need to get people on teams and ready by mid May I'd say to make it smooth.

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
It looks like May is a test/demo full month, and then June will be the first live run with all folders/teams. You have time still. :) But, need to get people on teams and ready by mid May I'd say to make it smooth.
As soon as mining ends, I'll be ready to have my 2080 Ti compete against his, I still think everyone is handicapped compared to it (Even with the multi). We shall see. He should have some real competition (Overclockability).

·
Premium Member
13,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
As soon as mining ends, I'll be ready to have my 2080 Ti compete against his, I still think everyone is handicapped compared to it (Even with the multi). We shall see. He should have some real competition (Overclockability).
That is so yesterday's rules. We're basing the multi's off the 3090 starting Saturday.

Would be a nice head to head though.

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
I blame you for making me look at ETH... or, rather thank you - already 8 large in the account! I will come back from the dark side tho - someday. One thing that has helped me rationalize mining over "donations" to the folding and Milkyway/Boinc effort is the derangement infecting these universities which are the recipients of the "donation". One of which I was an adjunct Prof at years ago (milkway). Compute ain't gonna have a future with woke-math. 😅

• Rep+
Reactions: Avacado

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
I blame you for making me look at ETH... or, rather thank you - already 8 large in the account! I will come back from the dark side tho - someday. One thing that has helped me rationalize mining over "donations" to the folding and Milkyway/Boinc effort is the derangement infecting these universities which are the recipients of the "donation". One of which I was an adjunct Prof at years ago (milkway). Compute ain't gonna have a future with woke-math. 😅
Not that I ever joined distributed computing to profit, but it sure is nice having ALL of my hardware paid for within 5 months. Seriously, it's all free now. Hard to believe.

·
Fold on!
6,983 Posts
Ask Bastiaan how much money he had to spend to take the lead.
I'm glad that wasn't the only reason I bought my hardware, but I enjoy winning from time to time.
Back in the day I was happy to be in the top 20 with 3 systems with a total of 6 GPU's online, looking at the top 5 as if they were gods.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
So ETH is the reason Bob and I have been the top two between FaTs?

I may have to look into that stuff. My dads medical bed is going to cost me 5k, and who knows how much a home care person is going to cost. My electricity bill is set for the next 10 months so it would all be profit.

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
So ETH is the reason Bob and I have been the top two between FaTs?

I may have to look into that stuff. My dads medical bed is going to cost me 5k, and who knows how much a home care person is going to cost. My electricity bill is set for the next 10 months so it would all be profit.
It's crazy good money right now. ETH is setting record highs. was at 2700$ last I checked. I have been getting about 0.10 ETH per week, so 270$ a week and that is WITH electricity factored into the equation.

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
It's crazy good money right now. ETH is setting record highs. was at 2700$ last I checked. I have been getting about 0.10 ETH per week, so 270$ a week and that is WITH electricity factored into the equation.
off topic but anyway...
yeah, I'm averaging ~615MH/s which, depending on the pool hashrate is $1800-2500 per month. Electric is not a concern since it actually uses less than folding 24/7 or all out Boinc (which pulls the most power for sure). Always had a hard time keeping temps in the home office under control in the summer months, but okay so far with days in the 80s. The hot Philly summer may be a different story!
The Titan Vs do around 550kH/W each, the 3090 is 330kH/W, the 2080ti are ~250kH/W each. The Rad VII is approx 400kH/W. Which I had bought 2 more VIIs when they were $600!!

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
off topic but anyway...
yeah, I'm averaging ~615MH/s which, depending on the pool hashrate is $1800-2500 per month. Electric is not a concern since it actually uses less than folding 24/7 or all out Boinc (which pulls the most power for sure). Always had a hard time keeping temps in the home office under control in the summer months, but okay so far with days in the 80s. The hot Philly summer may be a different story!
The Titan Vs do around 550kH/W each, the 3090 is 330kH/W, the 2080ti are ~250kH/W each. The Rad VII is approx 400kH/W. Which I had bought 2 more VIIs when they were $600!!
The Radeon VIIs are awfully good at hashing Eth. I got three of mine when they were on fire sale for $550 on Newegg and Amazon.

Staying off topic. Most of my gear has paid for itself over the last 9 years. From Bitcoin to Litecoin to Eth, and a whole bunch of random alt-coins along the way.

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
So, what you're all saying is we need a mining competition?
We've already been competing, where have you been? What we are saying is people who fold generally have the hardware to mine as well, they go hand in hand.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
Well I hate the idea of being someone who is contributing to this crypto currency stuff, but money is money and I am going to run out of it long before the US government will start helping out with disability insurance for my father. 2 year wait for that and his private insurance is a bit of a joke so whatever extra money I can make right now will be a big help.

Is there someplace I can go to figure out how to do it?

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
Well I hate the idea of being someone who is contributing to this crypto currency stuff, but money is money and I am going to run out of it long before the US government will start helping out with disability insurance for my father. 2 year wait for that and his private insurance is a bit of a joke so whatever extra money I can make right now will be a big help.

Is there someplace I can go to figure out how to do it?
Home - Ethermine - Ethereum (ETH) mining pool

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
Ty sir.

Does it matter?

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
121 - 140 of 140 Posts